About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

KWANDI CONTINUES....et al

 

I've been looking at my Kawandi sitting on my glass top living room
table and thinking---something is missing--something just doesn't
look "finished" to me.....
the stitching looks like "basting"...

And so....
I have begun adding more quilting lines, closer together across the top...
trying to follow the basting lines ....
there is no batting to "catch" knots  at the end of lines
so i have to carefully pull my needle through just the top layer to bury the knots...
or through turned under seams if possible...

It is already looking better to my 👀
I've started in the middle and am working 
my way out switching directions
to try to follow the basting lines--

I would like to make a larger purple 
Kawandi and this time would definitely 
use more and closer stitching lines
during the beginning....instead of
an afterthought...

Live and learn, huh???
This may not be in the original concept of
Kawandi, but it is in my own
"Style",,,,;))))

Pink Ojos is bordered and ready
to be layered
 As is:
My Little Baskets...

****************************
Here is a snap of our Sunday treat
before our dinner of
Swedish Meatballs over 
Yukon gold potatoes--YUM!!
Rose Prosecco is my favorite....
💃

******************************
A lovely, cool morning here saw us
taking a stroll down by the CT 
Riverside on the boardwalk....
how refreshing that was...
:)))))
Now to go
Out to finish my cuppa coffee on our
deck...
😍😎
hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(Kawandi-continues-euse)












11 comments:

  1. Reading:
    Death of an Old Girl by Elizabeth Le Marchande

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've told you this before, but I enjoy seeing your hand quilting. Pink Ojos and your baskets are both adorable. Enjoy the break in the heat. We actually opened windows this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Outstanding, beautiful wineglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More stitching does look better on the Kawandi. Your next 2 projects Look great with their borders.
    Our last cooler day before the humidity and heat come back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The addition of more stitching looks fabulous, Julierose. I bet it is a very relaxing project as well. Adorable border fabric for Pink Ojos and your tiny basket quilt is gorgeous. Looks like another busy week in your neck of the woods. Enjoy . Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a good idea to add more stitches! Quilts aren't always finished when we first think they are! I took a kawandi workshop over Zoom from Sujata Shah, and learned so much. I hope I can remember how to do kawandi if I make another. Yours is very pretty, and your little baskets are too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Kwandi quilts have LOTS of hand stitches - like you, I prefer more and closer together. Glad you have a day when you can be out - heat index predicted at 112 here this afternoon. It is so pretty outside but the heat/sun/humidity keeps us indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the addition of your quilting lines. It definitely adds so much to your Kawandi. Love Ojos and baskets. You're getting a lot done! Enjoy the nice weather before the heat moves in!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Kwandi looks great with more stitches. I love your pink ops! I chuckled over he "pink" theme in this post. You had it all covered right down to the Prosecco!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you in thinking that the additional stitching is a good addition. I love seeing all your little projects that are perfect for summer stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recall reading a blog post about "modern kawandi" -- the quilter did the edge-to-center piecing and then machine-quilted matchsticks (skinny lines). I guess the comparison I'm making is that denser stitching shows up better.

    The round-bottomed baskets are another charmer! Enjoy the cool(er) weather.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.