About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, August 29, 2024

THURSDAY LEGOS/SLABS QUESTIONS

 

1st set up:
3 across, 4 down=12.
[all same width--
 but differing lengths]
?????
Any thoughts???


I would have to cut them into squares
to do horiz/vert setting
[And I do not want to cut 
until I am sure...]
You get the idea a bit
{as they are not cut obviously just
placed in those positions}
here
↓↓↓
I didn't think I would like
this setting at all,
but I do...
so the size of the cutting would have
to be a whole # as the strips
were cute originally at 1.5"
if I don't want half pieces.
Another one would be:
↧↧↧
This is my least favorite right now
and I would lose a lot of strips on 
this one in trimming...
?????

I also have enough strips 
to make 4 more...

Of course then there is the question
of sashings or not????

I am not in favor of breaking up 
the total scrappy look though...
{I am definitely a "Jumbled Julie"}
:))))

I am leaning toward
the horiz/vert setting--
at the moment after 
seeing these photos.

(Always interesting how
flimsies look in a photo
as opposed to in person.)

so I am in a pondering 
mode right now and
will be moving these
about over the upcoming
weekend before I decide.

I also will be making the 3 extras
while i am thinking...
[just to add to the confusion, right]
:)))

hugs. Julierose
La Blagueuse
(decision-making-euse)

12 comments:

  1. If I were voting, I would choose setting #2. I think (in my non-sane quilting mind) that it gives the eyes a place to rest if that makes one lick of sense. And vote number two would be against sashings because I like how it looks without. No reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, no sashing! I love both version one and two, not a fan of third, too busy. Wonderfully energetic intersting result so far.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe my comment went lost? Short version: NO sashing. Love layouts one and two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 looks the best to me. I'd have to see it put upon a solid piece of fabric with spaces in between to see if I like the idea of sashing. I can imagine a narrow dark sashing. But, maybe not. . . You're the one you need to please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking photos really is a big help, for me anyway. I like #2 then #1, no sashing :) But I look forward to seeing what you like and decide on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would skip the sashing too. I like the effect of all the pieces so close to one another. I think I like #2 best but if you add more pieces you may have even more options. Not sure you want more!! They really look great all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them all going the same way. There now, you have differing views from readers, so it's up to you now, what you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fav is #2 and if it was my quilt there would be no sashings but only because I don't like to add sashings (or borders). I do love a totally scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them all going the same way, photo #1 and no sashing. All of the choices would make a nice quilt so maybe make enough more blocks to sew 2 versions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the horizontal/vertical layout, I realise you would have to cut them into squares and can understand your indecision on this one, once cut there's no way back. Just take you time before deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slabs is looking great, Julierose. Hmmm it is hard to choose which layout is my favorite. They both look amazing. I can not wait to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.