I've been [ ever so] slowly
sewing strips
and then
cutting into 2.5" sets--
to make us some new
placemats....
I had a jelly roll left over with
blues, purples, and greens...
These are now all layered up
and ready to pin baste before
I machine quilt them...
(Did you notice the title--???
"Strip" instead of
"Slip" hahaha--
apologies to Paul Simon)
*****************************
AND...
LππK
what decided to bloom for me:
My lovely hydrangea just below
the end of our back deck;
I think it is so pretty:)))
**************************
I have also begun to sew a few
"Lego" strips;
I decided not to precut lengths
but rather to "cut as i go"
that gives me a lot of random
lengths that I like..
I am not sewing them into blocks
yet, but waiting until I have a lot
to choose from ...
And then again, I may just sew longer
strips for a dining room table topper...
Right now they measure
from 14.5" the shortest--
to 15.5" - 16"..
I am finding this such fun
πππππ
and
so easy...;)))
I can sit for 10 minutes
here and there and
get a strip done from my
1.5" strips and cut offs...
Here is my set up to the left of Helga;
VERY loosely sorted into colors and
lengths.
The strips I've finished are folded in half
and stored in this little white basket
in front...
I am trying to make sure that there are enough
light-lights and dark-darks...
I also have some left over 1.5" squares in
that little blue container (top left)..
So, I can sit down and turn
on my Pandora and just sew away
ππ
Stay cool these hot and humid
August days...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(short-sessions-euse)




Reading:
ReplyDelete"A Village Fete" by Katie Gayle..
Another Julia Bird mystery
I love the fabrics in your placemats, Julierose. And happy to see your beautiful hydrangea in bloom. You already know they are my favorite. Good to see you are having fun at the sewing machine, too!
ReplyDeleteI love your hydrangeas! I hope that means the deer are going to leave them alone.
ReplyDeleteJulirose, I'm only just back at the computer after over week busy with other things here at home. I'm so sorry to read of Toms' carotid artery surgery and hope he is improving more and more, although no doubt a slow process. Also hope your problem is easing - nothing worse than dealing with this dratted affliction!!! Our sewing is such a therapeutic craft and hope this is helping you deal with life at the moment.
ReplyDeleteYour placemats look amazing, Julierose- so pretty in blues. Woo Hoo on your hydrangea. Are you going to dry any of the blooms? I planted one this year, but it has yet to bloom. Sounds like you are enjoying working on Legos. Have a wonderful week and happy quilting. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteSmart placemats and I do love a white hydrangea! xx
ReplyDeleteAh, first blooms! Lovely! Have fun building those Legos. I have been making Lego blocks off and on the Klein Meisje Blog way (1.5 x 2.5 pieces plus 1.5 pieces in blocks she calls 13 if I remember correctly). Like you I save up to make blocks until I have enough variety.
ReplyDeleteAre the placemats going to be square or will you add borders to make them rectangular? It's been a good year for hydrangeas!
ReplyDeleteYour placemats are so pretty - favourite colours for me so of course I like them.
ReplyDeleteI'm seeing hydrangeas in bloom in our travels around town - decidedly eye-catching.