Dark Days, Comfort Cloth--
for April is
"Stars of Friendship.."
I made 6 stars;
I made a little hourglass center for
this one to represent how friends
last through time....
I used bit s and pieces leftover
from the 1st three blocks
and also added some new colors...
I have set them in this lovely, dark
rose print..
I will spend this week basting this block to the white
backing cloth...before doing any
special, fancy stitching on it...
then it will be placed here
↧↧↧↧
as stars normally appear up above us all..
☆★☆★
It will take me all week to invisible baste this
in place on the backing cloth I am sure...
My hands are pretty tired after
making the stars
and, so not wanting to
drop out of the K3N SAL
altogether --
because of sore hands,
I'll admit that ..
I finished 3 of the stars
on my machine.
I loved "jig-saw-puzzling"
the stars with strips of
that lovely, richly-colored fabric...
I think it is in keeping with my
"Dark Days" title....
**************************
We are no longer able to walk
the boardwalk on the River:
but when the weather improves--
if it EVER does-
[it was only
29 this morning--
I mean really????
In April?????]
We can still sit on the benches and
take our lunch there to sit and watch the
river traffic and the construction...
***************************
I am continuing on with
"Blues in the Night".
I've finished 5 1/2 blocks of 6...
I will put this aside for this week and
concentrate on invisibly basting the
latest Dark Days block to its backing...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(stitching-in-short-bursts-slowly)











Reading "Never Lie" by Freida McFadden--
ReplyDeletea new author to me, although I see she's written a lot of books...
I've just begun reading this and already it is pretty scarey and eerie...
Your star blocks look great, Julierose. I love the hour glass center and the meaning behind it...very special. I'm so sorry they closed the boardwalk. Do you know why? Hopefully, it will just be temporary. You are moving right along with Blues in the Night. My daughter reads Freida McFadden books and told me just the other day that I need to try her.
ReplyDeleteI really like the stars you made. You have paired up some lovely fabrics together. I like how it looks with the rest of the project. Nice work.
ReplyDeletemy comment went lost, bummer. I ll rewrite it later...
ReplyDeleteI like your stars! Crazy, wet weather around the country and yet we are told we are at risk for drought
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you're keeping very busy! That's too bad that you can't walk the boardwalk. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon. It's been way too cold for this time of year. I feel we don't get much of a spring anymore. I had ice in my driveway all day!!
ReplyDeleteThe stars bordered with rose fabric is a great addition to the quilt.
ReplyDeleteI really like your starry setting in that background fabric. Take your time on the hand stitching so your hands don't get too angry with you. The Blues in the Night piece is also coming along well. How long do they expect the construction to last?
ReplyDeleteThe stars add a lift to the Dark Days WIP. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out when it decides to be finished. Are they dredging the river?
ReplyDeleteLove your star blocks, Julierose. They fit perfect. Progress on 'Blues in the Night' too, so pretty. Sorry the boardwalk is closed. Are they maintaining it? Hope it opens again soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you decided to continue with adding the stars because it looks wonderful. I know you were agonizing over carrying on and I suspect that now you're glad you did.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your boardwalk being closed to walking. We have a paved pathway along our river that starts right where our buildings are and leads to the downtown core. Sadly the homeless encampments are moving in and it's no longer safe to walk along there. The RC isn't steady enough walking now either so our days of doing that stroll are over.
I really like the star blocks, Julierose. They look like they were fun to piece and the hour glass centered star sparkles! Blues in the Night is gorgeous too. It looks like a relaxing quilt to quilt on. So sorry to hear about the boardwalk being closed. Hopefully, it will be open soon. It is good to hear that you can still enjoy the nearby benches by the river. Hugs.
ReplyDelete