About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, April 15, 2025

SQUIRREL VISIT, et al

 

The Easter Squirrel 
came to visit
last week...
πŸ‘€πŸ‡πŸ°πŸ‘€

I love this little pattern that uses 32
two inch squares....I got to use up 
a lot of my precut squares which
I found out were not really cut
very precisely!! 
and, so...
I will not be 
purchasing anymore precuts from 
Etsy shops anymore...
But, 
I was able to eke out some and
then cut others myself...
I wanted all light florals and
I don't usually have those in 
my stash...
I thought this would be perfect for a
little Easter table topper...


I found this block on Beth's Youtube:
"My Sewing Room".
I really like her patterns...

I have just pinned the borders and
cornerstones in place--
[still feeling too crummy to sew after
my covid shot...feeling better but
not 100% yet.]

***********************
My daffodil plot in front of 
my big moss-covered boulder
in my front yard is now
full of:
These lovely, cheerful daffodils...
It has been gray and raining a lot so that
their little heads are pretty 
much facing downwards...
Daffodils say 
"Spring" to me no
matter the low temps this year....

**********************
I decided that my stash needed a little
boost and I purchased these 
fabrics online.
All at their sale clearance price!! 
This is the first purchase this year--
so not bad--right???
Hahaha..
πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„
πŸ˜‡

************************
******
Tomorrow the next prompt comes 
for Comfort Cloth SAL--
my "Dark Days" piece...
Hoping I will be back to feeling normal
by then....
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(resting-euse)











14 comments:

  1. Waiting for books to arrive in the mail...re-reading Gwen Marston's
    "Liberated String Quilts" looking for an applique project there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won some squares once and found the same problem. They were also cut with pinking shears so even more difficult to use. Never again. I will simply re-donate such “prizes” to the giveaway bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had some inconsistent pieces to work with, Julierose. But you managed to create what will be a lovely Easter table topper. Your daffodils are so pretty. I hope you get some sunshine soon and also hope that you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you hear you're feeling better. Your little floral piece is really pretty. Sorry about the pre-cuts. I've stopped buying them because I don't like many of the pieces included.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daffodils are fantastic, so Spring. I agree, they symbolize the season no matter the temps. [did your late season amies grow?]
    Your new flowery fabrics are so pretty, good prices too. Best to pick up a few pretties before tariffs make fabric cost ore than gold.
    I love your Easter topper. All it needs is a pretty glass dish of jelly beans or Cadbury Choc Eggs to be perfect.

    Feel better.

    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to have a little purchase, isnt it. I've always loved sunny yellow daffodils, Spring is on the way, or maybe it has already arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous daffodils! I love the use of all those little squares. What a great pattern! I hope you feel better after your booster. They're a pain but worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The squirrel did the right thing; a pretty spring table topper! It's really cute, Julierose! I've done 2 and 2.5 inches squares swaps and got quite some not cut to size. The worst was one (100 squares) where I had to throw more than half! They were less than 2", not all cotton and very poor quality. Love your daffodils and moss garden, so pretty. Daffodils scream spring, warmer weather is in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is one adorable quilt. I am so glad the Easter squirrel visited you. Hee! Hee! Oh, Julierose your fabrics are so lovely. This quilt reminds me of large white blooms in a flower garden and the blues and pinks play so well together. I love watching Beth too. She has so many wonderful projects that I want to make. Enjoy those beautiful Daffys- they are pure sunshine! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little quilt was worth the angst of resizing the pieces.
    Your daffodil photos are postcard-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My poor daffodils got snowed on this morning (and it was just 70 degrees on Monday!). I gave up buying pre-cuts and doing block exchanges. I guess I'm just too much of a perfectionist.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree - daffodils are absolutely the best sign that spring is back. And I do like that pattern from your Easter Squirrel (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, Daffodils are definitely a sign of spring, and luckily they are pretty hardy for the rain and snow that lands on them.

    We all need a little boost to stash now and then to mix with older fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. (Julierose, if this comes through twice, please delete this one. I can't remember if I already left a comment and I'm waiting for approval for it to post or I didn't leave a comment. Thanks!)
    I think this little quilt is delightful, Julierose, with its dominant pinks and blues. Very sweet.
    Your daffodils looks bright and cheerful, welcoming spring.
    Where did you buy those beautiful fabrics? I looked for the name of the shop but it wasn't visible. I haven't bought any fabric yet this year, either. I keep looking but so far I've restrained myself. (But I have a $50.00 gift certificate that I'm looking forward to spending one of these days.)
    I hope you're feeling better after your Covid shot.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.