Here are some
"in progress" photos as I
continue working on my
Kawandi-style table runner:
Above is the first sewing round;
and below
in place fabrics; the cool colors end here
and
The "warm" colors end here.
[you can see the new rows of
stitches in varying colors of threads...]
.
I am trying to make it a "rainbow-like"
piece with blues and purples
moving across the middle area.
My dining room table--as a result--
is a total mess
of fabrics as I search for
fabrics that move into adjacent
colors well...
Not that easy just using what I have
on hand--which are mostly prints...
And here you can see that I have added more fabrics
around...just that middle area now to be covered.
But I need to do more stitching around and around
and around .... sigh....
These last few rounds where the blues/purples and
reddish colors meet are the most difficult
to figure out...so that they "flow"
together a bit...
I am tempted to just fill in the center with a
multicolored print and call it done!!
**********************
Our temps and dewpoints have dropped
considerably today so we are able to
sit out on our deck for morning coffees.
...
My daughter is on her way down here
for lunch with us armed with
grinders for us all;)))
So looking forward to catching up with
her and my grands' doings...
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(trying-out-fabrics-euse)




Reading "Terror on Tuesday" by Ann Purser --A Lois Meade mystery
ReplyDeleteYour project "Rainbow" is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHow fun that your daughter is visiting and bringing lunch. Hope the deck stays breezy and nice to eat al fresco. Mo and I may try to sit out but the construction debris is daunting and depressing.
love
liiiizzy
The color wash Kwandi is lovely. It looks so fun. Even your table with all your supplies is fun to see.
ReplyDeleteIt's looking great Julierose. You make me want to do another one.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your family time.
Your Kawandi is looking good. I think prints blend better than tone on tone or solids.
ReplyDeleteOooh I just love how the Kawandi is coming along, Julierose especially how the colors go from cool to warm. I was wondering if you have been able to enjoy some time on our deck this summer. I sat outside for about an hour and stitched until the heat drove me in. Enjoy spending time with your daughter. Hugs and Blessings.
ReplyDeleteMy dining room table always has a quilt in progress on it too. This project is moving along nicely, Julierose. You have very pretty colours to work with. Every time I see this, I want to make one in the same style. So interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful project - and yum on the grinders!
ReplyDeleteI love the look of your Kawandi piece, Julierose! The movement from cool colors to warm colors is going to be lovely. It looks like you have a nice big cutting board for your table. Does it fold up when you want to put it away so you can use the table?
ReplyDeleteYour Kawandi piece is coming together nicely! I hope you had a nice visit with your daughter and enjoyed those grinders!
ReplyDeleteYes to the multi color print to serve as a bridge between the cool/warm. You'll know which one when it comes to the top of a pile on that colorful table.
ReplyDeleteThis is coming along beautifully I like your color progression.
ReplyDeleteYour Kawandi project is moving along. I love the colors and it almost looks like a puzzle. It is going to be a pretty table runner.
ReplyDelete