About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, December 14, 2025

IT'S SNOWING ;)))), et al

 

Here is the view off of our back deck----
the "dingle"--all clothed in white--
The cedars heavy laden with snow.....
Our V-Shaped old Apple Tree
with those lovely branches ...
and 
our tallest cedar below

Tonight we are expecting a frigid blast that should
keep the snow for a while....
Such a beautiful, soft, gentle snowfall we've been
having--
and still coming down now....

**************************
I tried making some scrappy
Buckeye Beauty blocks with all my
4-patches, but they just felt flat and
uninspiring...so ..........
Then----
I tried just putting them up 
all in rows and I really didn't like
that much either!!
these are all the purples and 
blues pretty much...
😕😖😣
[ I also  have a bunch
of Autumn colored ones
sewn into 4-patches.....]

S  I  G  H  

Well, I will have to think of some other way to use them,
I guess.....
*******************************
My Big Scroll is coming along
though....
Here are the first two panels...
I will be starting a new piece to work on this week...

Meanwhile, it is still snowing but our temp has risen to
32.4, so the snow is getting heavier and wetter,,,,,
I don't know if this will last until Christmas--
but that would be so nice if it did...

hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(oh-well-euse!!)


 









16 comments:

  1. Reading "The Sisters Mortland" by Sally Beauman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those Buckeyed Beauties are beautiful, Julierose. And I love the work you are doing on the scroll too. Happy Stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what it looked like here on Thursday after we had a big dumping of snow the previous day. The sun was shining and I have to say the trees DID look pretty.
    I don't have any ideas for what you can do with the four patches but perhaps a consult with Mr. Google might yield some?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see someone excited about getting snow. I'm sick of it already. We've been getting snow in light amounts steadily since mid-November which is early for us. And several nights of single digit temps. I guess this may be the year we break of snowfall deficit.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow here too and the house feels so cold. I ll try to get some good snowy dunes pics later. Yor woods are magical. Fairytale pretty.

    I love the scroll, you do such imaginative handwork. And I quite love the Buckeye blocks but you know best what will work for your ideas.
    Stay home and safe! No shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow is so pretty when it is freshly falling! You have a beautiful yard, Julierose. I like your Buckeye Beauty blocks! I guess the scrappiness appeals to me. I'm going to play with 4 patches this afternoon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty looks very cold though it is cold here but no snow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that snow! It looks so pretty but I guess its freezing too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was snowing all morning but it's tapered off now. We didn't get very much. I like your Buckeye Beauty blocks but you know best. You're getting lots of stuff done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Buckeye Beauty blocks too and the rest of the 4 patches have nice contrast and should work great in more blocks. You could turn 2 of the BB blocks a quarter turn and make star blocks too.
    I'm glad you are getting the snow. We have had it on the ground for so long I'm waiting for it to disappear. -4 this morning and 40s by Wednesday here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wintry wonderland does look beautiful but oh so frigid! I like all those scrappy rows. =) You'll dream up something that is pleasing to your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snow looks so pretty and peaceful. We only had a few flurries over the weekend. Woke up to 9 degrees F this morning, but it is sunny and dry. The stitching on your big scroll is looking good, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brrr it looks cold, but what a beautiful winter wonderland. Your Buckeye Beauty blocks are gorgeous, Julierose. I have always admired that block design. It is always fun to play with little four patches to see what develops. Stay warm and cozy and enjoy your stitching time. It is in the teens here so I am hunkered down. Warm hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh! So lucky to get all that snow wish you could share, we are so dry here i like your blocks. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You could use your four patches to make a double four patch (using another fabric as the alternate/larger square). GORGEOUS snow photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The snow is lovely when seen from indoors! Don't give up on the buckeyes yet....make a few more and fiddle with the layout. You could turn them around to make stars. You could try on-point. You could make four-patches with squares the size of each unit so the buckeyes would twinkle among the 4ps.....

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.