I've finished these last two pages for Candice's
Christmas bunting....
I packaged and mailed it out to her this
morning. I am just hoping that it is
the right length for her mantel...
*********************************
On the machine piecing works
in progress:
These are almost the last of my 2.5" squares
going from (pictured above ready to be sewn)
"Twosies=
future 2026 project....
I am still rounding up some more and will
be steadily sewing these together...
I feel I will be more likely to use them
as "parts" sewn together like this...;)))
***********************************
My other machine project is getting these
neutral Ojos sewn; I still have a lot of
neutral cut offs left to use up.
↡↡↡↡
papers on until I use them...
I do really enjoy making these...
*********************************
And my new hand project is
a scroll to fit this large bobbin that
my Mom had saved from the weaving mill
where my Grand-pere (her Dad) worked:
I am working on this one right now; trying
out new embroidery stitches ....
and below
This first piece is all sewn....↻↻↻
Again just using all little cut offs and
leftover bits of mostly neutral fabrics.
I seem to have centered on these low volumes
lately--perhaps it is my
wish for some snow????
😇😉😊
I will be joining them together with a small
vertical strip as I go; the backing
I am working on is some soft flannel...
I am enjoying working on these small
pieces and am happy to be using that
"special-to-me" old bobbin
to hold them...
********************
I have no plans for any bigger quilts
right now.....
and will be trying to do some more
smaller pieces that I started and are
in waiting.in the New Year.
********************
I see that Tom has brought out our two little
table topper trees just now.....
and the two boxes of
ornaments and decorations...
So, I guess that will be in my schedule for
this coming week....😊
Here is the one in our side tv/sitting room
waiting to be decorated...;))))
[I am trying to not get rushed during
this run up to Christmas, but rather
take my time and enjoy all the
"little" fun things...]
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(small-stitching-euse)








Reading "The Last Word" by Elly Griffiths--excellent book
ReplyDeleteThat wooden bobbin is wonderful, holding many family memories I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteThe last two pages of the bunting turned out very well. It always feels good to finish a project and get it in the mail. Making parts and pieces. . . you never know when those 4-patches might come in handy. Lovely bobbin to fill.
ReplyDeleteThis time of year is so busy! I'm glad you're working on some smaller projects. Our tree is up but I'm taking my time to put up all our ornaments. Like you, I'm trying to not rush and just enjoy the process. Your daughter will love her bunting!
ReplyDeleteSweet projects, Julierose! I always love making four patches. Your neutral ojos are lovely - I think I'll sew some more string blocks this week, too. Enjoy decorating your trees - they look like a great size!
ReplyDeleteYou have lots of nice projects started. I love your stacks of 4 patches. Enjoy decorating your little trees.
ReplyDeleteThe scroll is a wonderful way to use the bobbin. I have a couple of them (bobbins, I mean). The wood has such a lovely patina.
ReplyDeleteMaking small units is a great idea, Julierose. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with them in 2026. Your stack of Ojos blocks is growing. And the scroll on the bobbin is going to be a special piece. Enjoy the decorating!
ReplyDeleteSo many fun projects! I want to make [simpler] bunting and a Christmas scroll--but I m realizing have very little holiday fabric. Once I get the tree up and cooky dough made, I ll so a better search in my Old Reds bin.
ReplyDeleteOjos too are n my list, w your inspiration. Amazingly I just got a thin local Yellow Pages for my area--for the ojos base. How retro, have not seen a phone book in maybe 15 years , 20?
PS I saw a tutorial where the bunting string was red pompom tape trim, so adorable and easy. I have a huge roll of red poms tape on a lovely wooden spool.
Hoping the tree decoration went well. I am sure your daughter is going to LOVE her new bunting. And that bobbin - oh, my what a treasure to use for your next long scroll.
ReplyDeleteThese pages are beautiful! There's so much detail to look at.
ReplyDeleteYou have so many interesting projects in the works. What fun to see them!