Yesterday dawned warm and sunny
with cooling breezes here....
So....
Coffee and quilting supplies in hand
I went out and sat on my lounge chair
AND....
To "Lollipops"..
I just have these little squares (top and bottom--
six squares on each)
To be finished
Little bit by little bit I am finally nearing the end...;)))
The bottom portion got finished yesterday and
just the top 6 remain...
So nice to see progress...
💃👏💜
*******************************
Today has dawned overcast and humid--
so I am glad that I followed the
"Carpe Diem" mantra
("seize the day")
yesterday and was able
to relax and quilt...
*****************
Later on today we plan to go to a garden center to
find another shrub to replace our winter killed Holly
bush up front that shields us from oncoming
car headlights coming into our tv room windows...
our bushes; but that specific one is the most
important...hoping we can find a super hardy plant...
On the other hand, the bottom of this one is
showing green growth--what to do? What to do??
[The whole top 7/8th is -- or looks dead!! ]
replace (or not!!) this with, we've
tabled our trip to garden-landia...
😕😞😧
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(still-quilting-euse)







Paper crafting going on--not a whole lot of reading--a few
ReplyDeleteold Victoria magazines came to be leafed through for culling...;)))
I love a deck day, too - looks like yours was glorious, Julierose! Your stitches are so pretty on the Lollipops quilt. I especially like how you're quilting those squares - so much texture!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful view from your deck, Julierose. Love to see your hand quilting. So sad about the holly. I hope you are able to find something suitable to replace it. Or, find a way to save it.
ReplyDeleteThat's nice you had another deck day. It hasn't gotten too humid here yet. In fact we usually have a dry dome over us and that is why so many rainstorms miss us.
ReplyDeleteIt will take a while for the bottom growth to make a big bush again.
So sorry about your holly bush. It takes years to get the shrubs to the size that is needed. I'm still waiting for a Euonymous we planted at least 5 yrs. ago to get tall enough to cover our bedroom window from our neighbors being able to look in. I should have chosen a faster growing variety. Lollipops looks great!
ReplyDeleteI adore Lollipops quilt. Yor quilting is lovely Holly is a favorite of mine, I would not know what to do. Have this one cut back/ feed / water...Pull the blinds in TV room? Maybe the garden center has some ideas.
ReplyDeleteToday is dull and a bit windy. I'll make a Posy or two in case it's nice for sitting out soon. Chores: flannel sheets this week, yes or no?
PS it's a good day to plant seeds.
love
lizzy
You picked a great day to sit outside and stitch. Today is definitely not as nice. I was going to sit outside and read but it's windy now. I'll stay in!!
ReplyDeleteStitching on the deck sounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteSuch a shame about your bushes Julierose, we've lost a few here in NZ when we had the violent storms earlier in the year. I was happy to see that Lollipops and the sunshine made for a relaxing time for you, nothing better than your decision to go sit on the deck with quilting and coffee!
ReplyDeletePrune that 7/8 and see what happens with what's left -- I predict it will come back! So nice to have warm weather, finally. (Though it won't be long until we're griping about the heat.)
ReplyDeleteDeck sitting and stitching- lovely!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got a sunny day on the deck. No mosquitoes? Way too many mosquitoes in this lush area to sit on the deck. Love your Lollipop quilt and how you're hand quilting it, beautiful. Sorry about your holly. If it has started growing again, I wouldn't remove it, just cut off the dead branches and see how it grows this summer? Unless you want something new, of course. :-)
ReplyDeleteStill too cool here for me to consider sitting out on the (in our case) balcony. I am determined to spend more time out there with my stitching this summer though.
ReplyDelete