About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, May 25, 2026

POSIES' PROGRESS

 

I had just enough of this old, old
leafy fabric left to make enough 
leaves for my four posies and
for four more flowers;
I machine raw-edge 
appliqued the leaves and stems.

Below are the two lavender
prints for the next four flowers...
↧↧↧↧
There will be two of each fabric and
I have my little corner 1.5" squares 
ready to mark up for sew-and-flip 
tomorrow...

Little steps at one time for me
these days..
and 
trying to set up for 
the next day's sewing...

Another green stem fabric
↴↴↴↴

This is the 2nd stem fabric I chose as I ran
out of the first one...

As I said, just using stash....
:))))))
Use it up!!!
;)))))

I also have this little coin strip that may come
in handy during the sewing together???

I am planning on using a mellow yellow 
for the flower centers--if I can find one
in my stash...
Pink, green,  lavender, and yellow
sounds good to me...
for a Spring-ey
vibe...๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ

Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(sewing-15 min-here-15 min-there-euse)







10 comments:

  1. Looking for another good book right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty posies, Julierose! The leaf fabric is perfect for them. I like working from my stash, too - you never know what you might find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the posies are looking good. Good to use up the scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this is progressing! I'm always so happy to use up my stash. You picked a great stash buster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Posies are so pretty, Julierose! And the leaf fabric is perfect for the leaves. What a fun project! It's amazing what is hidden in our stash. Some days ago I discovered a blue print I had totally forgotten! It worked perfect as binding on a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower blocks are so pretty, Julierose. You have some nice fabrics in your stash that work perfectly for the posies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started The Lost Book of Elizabeth Bartn by Jennifer N. Brown. So far (50 pages) it's really good! ...... Your posy patch is coming along so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Posies are wonderful. I feel like such a slacker, worked on BW instead. I have to limit myself to an hour a day, or the pain starts.
    I so love your soft springtime vision for Posies.

    Book: again, I have enjoyed my reread of the DI Hilary Greene series. Kindle or library should have them. [by Faith Martin].

    love
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is going to be a beauty, I love the fabrics you've chosen and yellow would be ideal for the flower centres.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers look so pretty, even without yellow centers. I know what you mean about having to pace yourself - I have been rueing the decision to try to work with denim. Seems I needed to be reminded that I don't want to do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.