About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, May 16, 2026

BACK FROM BREAK, et al


Here are my "Sherbet Pips" jelly roll pieces
all laid out for the first 
l -o - n- g
round of sewing...

{Note the little pile of extra squares
from my stash that I will 
sprinkle throughout}

I have pre-trimmed all of 
the strips to various lengths-
as recommended by
Rose  
in her tutorials...

Here are some of the 4.5" squares
she generously sent me 
These will be added here and there
after the 2nd round has been sewn...

***************************
FYI: Yet Another Tick Event

I have finally finished my course of medicine
for the two badly infected tick bites--
[YES, two others!! sigh...] 
that were just found due to their 
"insalubrious" positions!!

I am so glad and lucky that I did opt
to go to my doctor and have 
them checked  out..
At least they didn't hospitalize me
this time around!!

I will skip all the gory details
["you're welcome;)) ]
and just say that I hope they are now
well on their way to disappearing.  
I would highly recommend not waiting
if you get a tick bite...!!!!

At this point I find myself
 hesitant to even step
onto any grassy surface...
But....
My "Sweet Baboo" is going to 
take care of our front seating area with
anti-tick -spray and we will
be extra careful about 
checking for sure!!!!

******************************
I am finally feeling well enough 
to get back to my normal sewing 
and crafting routines. I have been
mostly napping and resting.  

*************************
Here is part of my Mother's Day and birthday
bouquet from  my daughter....
who came down to see me 
with her significant other last Sunday...

Along with 
↓↓↓↓

This beautiful solar Fire Bowl 
which I really love...๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’–

Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(on-another-jelly-roll-journey-euse)










17 comments:

  1. Re-reading: Ann Granger's "A Season For Murder"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you were dealing with tick bites again, Julierose! Glad to know you're feeling better. Those Sherbet Pips strips and squares are going to make a sweet quilt. I love the solar fire bowl - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tick bites are not to be ignored - DH has had them infect and so have a number of other bloggers I know of. Glad you had them checked and hooray that they are healing. Pretty flowers and candle - Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you seem to be a magnet for ticks! Those things scare me no end and make me not want to walk anywhere other than on a paved surface. I'm sorry you got bitten again but am very glad you sought out medical attention.
    Looks like you have another fun project in the works, and I did admire your fire bowl. I like that it's solar and doesn't need 'real' fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you've had another episode with the ticks. I found a tick on my arm last spring after pulling weeds, but my neighbor was able to remove it before it caused any problems. I'm glad you're able to get back to your sewing.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tick bites can make you seriously sick. I'm glad you received medical help and are on the mend. Those fabrics for your new project are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh on the ticks! Can't wait to see where the Sherbert Pips land. LOVE the little pieces you have to scattern in. This is going to be such a fun quilt to make and see. Great project to work on after your break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to hear you're back to sewing and feeling better! I'm afraid of ticks too. So glad you got treated when you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a local preserve that we enjoy walking through, but the tick warnings have already been issued. I am so glad to hear that you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ticks must be running rampant up there. I hope the spray on the porch area helps. Are there any plants that deter them? Glad you are doing better and feeling up to playing with fabrics. Love that pretty solar fire bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're feeling better! And I love your new fabric grouping. The girl on the scooter is just adorable.
    Hope you got out a bit today, first summery day.
    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tick bites are no joke! I'm glad you are feeling better and it is good to see a post from you. It's also good to see you are back at Helga and making pretty things. Your daughter gifted you some pretty flowers and the fire bowl is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new project looks intriguing! Happy birthday, a few days late. I picked up two ticks a few weeks ago but fortunately I caught them early.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are back in the saddle again, Julierose! Sorry about the tick bites, glad they were discovered and treated. Those fabric strips and squares are so cute. Looking forward to see progress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see you back and to hear that you are starting to get better. Your sherbet pips fabrics look fun - I'm looking forward to see how it comes together! Stay well and stay safe! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better, Julierose. You have had such a time with the ticks. I can understand your apprehension of going outside. It is so sweet your hubby is taking care of you though. Very pretty fabrics that you have gathered. I look forward to seeing your next creation. Happy Belated Birthday. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy to see back from your break - not a very pleasant sort of break from what you say here in your post! Hope you can avoid those darned ticks in the future. Loking forward to seeing your project take shape.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.