About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, August 14, 2026

FRIDAY MISCELLANY, et al

 

Little Bunny House  slow stitch
is finished...
{at least for now--I may be adding
to it later on...}

**************************
The first Lavender Dresden is all quilted now...
and
I will be moving onto the second one after
giving my hands a resting period...

*********************************
Here is the finished cover for my
En Masse Volume 2...
I used Matte Medium to seal it;
new for me using this product...and
perhaps another coat will be needed???
Meanwhile, I am collecting images
and setting up collection pages...

***************************
My "Quilters Dream Request" batting
arrived yesterday and I am letting it
rest on our dining room table 
to try to straighten out 
the wrinkles
and fold lines...

mentioned that she puts her batting
into the dryer--I am assuming on air dry
to de-wrinkle it...I may give that a try...
This is my first experience with this
brand of batting--I will let you know
how I like it--
[or not;)))))].

I will be setting up Jelly Roll Jumble
to be layered over the weekend
once my hands and fingers 
have recovered...

***************************
AND...
I have been watching
on her youtube channel do an
"Intuitive Daily Stitching" in small
squares--one per day...
Very compelling and fascinating...
I will be working on making my own
throughout the year.  I think just
that small amount of stitchery
for one day 
 will be do-able with the
state of my hands now...
{Another rabbit hole to explore} 
๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡

I dearly MISS MY DAILY
stitching/embroidery....

Embroidery was my very 
first needle art taught to me
by my lovely, patient 
๐Ÿ’—Grand-mere๐Ÿ’—

*****************************
That is what has been going on here,
at the House on the Hill..
Looking forward to working on all these
varied projects...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(stitching-paper-crafting-quilting-euse)










10 comments:

  1. Reading "The Sonnet Lover" by Carol Goodman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Quilter's Dream batting and often use the request weight. And, yes, I put it in the dryer on air to fluff and remove wrinkles.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such a variety of fun projects to work on.
    Seeing those embroidered squares made me think of the 'temperature' project so many people are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell your Grandmere was near and dear to your heart when you speak of her, Julierose. I just love Little Bunny House. It is so sweet and charming and Lavender Dresden is looking so pretty. Thank you for sharing how you seal your journal cover. I have experimented with several things on preserving my journal covers over the years. Some work some do not. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Bunny House design is lovely, Julierose! It makes me think of being out in the woods with some wild bunnies. I always enjoy seeing what else you're working on, too. I've never thought to do what you're doing with your batting (or put it in the dryer either), but that seems like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Draping batting over the table is a great idea, Julierose. Thanks for the tip. The Little bunny House is adorable, as is the Dresden. You have quite a lot of art to keep you busy and everything is intriguing. Even though I do not do paper crafts, I sure enjoy seeing yours. You are very creative. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to have a variety of projects going. I think it is as much brain stimulation as crossword puzzles, and more fun too.
    I have used Quilter's Dream batting in a couple different weights. My only complaint is that it is lintier than Hobbs 80/20. I found that out on a quilt with a black border. It is always a nice even thickness. I do use a few minutes of heat and then 5 minutes of air tumble in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing all your lovely projects. I put my batting in the dryer also. I only do that if I need to load it on the longarm quickly and didn't have a chance to leave it out overnight. Enjoy the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many diverse projects., looks fun. I always admire your paper journals. Have fun.
    Beautiful day today but very humid. Maybe you got out early.
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Bunny House, Julierose! It's so pretty. I use to drape batting over the table too. I use Quilter's Dream (Select or Request). I have a piece of bamboo batting, yet to try it. Pretty hand quilting on the Dresden TR. Karen's stitching looks like a fun project. I always admire your journal pages.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.