I have four of these vintage "cutter" blocks
that I bought (rescued ) a while ago;
and I have decided to use them as a
backing for my new slow stitch project...
"My Little House"....
thus giving them a new life and purpose
instead of the junkyard!!!
[I was inspired by Karen at "Railway Cottage Studio"
on YouTube...visit her to see amazing hand
slow stitching projects....]
I set up the "initial" background on Friday
deciding to use my brown bits and
pink-ey-mauves leftovers as
my color theme on this one...
Below is the final setting
for the background
with the house pinned in place
Basting the entire background
in place before adding anything...
I have pinned on my
proposed special bits--
in this case three little bunnies
(so darn cute!)--
and
my little house
with mauve/lilac-ey
doors and windows..
Today
I began stitching edges and the
three little "bunnikins",
deciding to add some little
bits of lace..
↡↡↡↡
and just really stitching slowly...
and, as per usual this is what my
space looks like :
😅😆😂😃😄
Like a fabric bomb exploded...
👀💣💣💣💣👀
I have three big boxes and several
baggies full of little left over
pieces from making my fabric
books and decided to make some
little wall hangings with houses
as the main theme for all four...
This is a nice change after working on
getting my "Littles" ready to be bound and
the Jelly Roll Jumble and Posies-- all
of which are fairly big in scale...
I do enjoy working in this smaller style...
No fancy stitches just whip stitch,
running stitches, and maybe some small
seed stitches to come...
********************
Still hot and humid here, maybe
just a tad less steamy than yesterday...
{"Where O where..."
is that Canadian
Cold Front?????}
I hope if it is really still hot where you are,
you can find some relief in AC...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(Small-stitching-euse






Reading "The Memorial Hall Murder" by Jane Langton
ReplyDeleteIf you find that Canadian cold front, you could send some our way. We don't have "feels like" 99 here, but a true temp of 99! 🥵 Meanwhile I love seeing your little house themed wall-hanging. Sweet colors and design elements! Will you stitch everything (including the background) to the backing? This looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteHah - the so-called 'Canadian cold front' isn't, at least not this year! Your bunny piece is looking so cute...the colour scheme is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI have been a fan of Jane Langton since I read The Majesty of Grace in 1961 -- from that to The Diamond in the Window and its sequels to all the Homer Kelly mysteries. Love them all. I never got the meet her in person, though we tried. (A snowstorm precluded my going from ME to MA in January, 1994, and then we moved away....)
ReplyDeleteadorable Houses, what a fun project. Your fabric collages are always so pretty and so creative.
ReplyDeleteI sewed outside for awhile, but had to come on i. Time for my walk, but it's so hot.
Maybe next week will be better? You may get big brief thunderstorms shortly, but this year it never cols us down.
Such an interesting project, Julierose. You do well with your fabric collages.
ReplyDeleteHow fun to give a new life to an old block. I really like this fabric collage. The soft browns and sweet motifs are precious. You must have a wonderful fabric collection to work with . I am always admiring the pretty bits and bobs that you use. Like the sweet little rabbits. Cute as a button!
ReplyDelete