About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

COL UPDATE: 3 WEEKS, et al

 

Here are my first 3 weeks of the Calendar of Life [COL].
My DH likes this one a lot :))))
↓↓↓↓
All the butterflies in our dingle was the inspiration for this one...

And I like this one, 
plus I really enjoyed stitching it...

Driving by the marshes inspired this one...

And below is the cycle of our days...
they move in the same way, but all of them
have a different
color or feel to them....
*****************************************
Something about Autumn urges me to 
get things sorted.....before
winter sets in every year...
SO......
I am still trying to sort out 
my paper crafting items
 and my fabrics. 
I also am 
organizing all my 
threads and needles,
pens and pencils--etc, etc--
all  garnered through so many
years of stitching, glueing and 
quilting....
As a result, my room looks 
like a whirlwind
🌀🌀🌀
hit it...
&&&&
Every surface is covered with
stuff waiting to be either discarded,
donated or stored for future use...
In Other Words:

ONE BIG MESS!!!!

So, the only constant is my 
Daily stitching on my COL....

I hope you are enjoying our brief respite
from the heat and humidity here...
Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(organizing-euse)








12 comments:

  1. Reading "Standing in the Shadows" by Peter Robinson...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a sorting mood these days too. And my hand stitching time has been set aside but I will get back to it. I love seeing all your little stitch pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The CAL is beautiful, I love how you incorporate bits of fabric and truly make the tiny blocks reflect your days. ///Weather--I am actually feeling chilled right now, must look for some long sleeve tees. 80* tomorrow so I won't look too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying seeing your progress and reading your inspiration behind each one too. Fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the middle of a organising mess, too! In my case it is my walk-in-wardrobe. Why does tidying have to go through a "huge mess" stage before you get to the "tidy" stage, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so much fun to see your addition to you CAL. I love how the teeny scrap of fabric was transformed into a butterfly and those cattails are magnificent. It sounds like you are staying busy organizing. Have you found any projects that you want to start working on again? Have a wonderful rest of the week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why he likes this one! It is so fun to look at all the individual squares and I'm sure each brings a fond memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calendar of Life – wonderful.
    I’m thrilled.
    It holds many beautiful memories for you, yet anyone else can keep discovering new things in it, too.
    It’s a fantastic project... have fun stitching. I look forward to seeing how it progresses :-)))
    Sending you a hug.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally got an update! I love your CAL. It's so fun to see what ideas you come up with! The humidity is back. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That piece is really growing, Julierose. It is fascinating. I like sorting and cleaning during autumn as well. Not that any of that has happened yet LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at those cattails! I love them. We are headed home today, and I'm ready to get started on my CAL, too. Yours has many beautiful details, Julierose!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.