About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, July 13, 2012

WEAVING A WALL

It appears that I have woven a wall:



I now am working on my 18th (!!) of 20 blocks ...it just happened--I LOVE, love, love this new method--all by hand:  pre-washing all fabrics, tearing strips,
hand weaving them, pinning them and then best of all--voila !: hand basting them in place during our long, summer evenings either out on our deck or watching tv.  Works for me. 

Supris, supris!!  At first I looked at them and thought:--this looks like old rags --but now I am seeing applique possibilities and cut out spaces for moons, stars, hearts...



Here's a close-up of a little woven block within the weave...I have no idea where this will take me...no pattern at all...just 20 (fifteen +/- ") blocks tobe sewn into a Winter quilt for myself...

I have used scraps only.  Now THAT makes me feel virtuous...(but not too much so--I'll have to wait and see how it turns out, non?).  Gosh, I love taking classes and learning new things.

Here is one of my fave pix from this past weekend....

My son Jeff (proud Daddy) ad my adorable Fiona --bedtime for baby....

My poor back is finally calming down from its spasms...I can actually walk w/o shuffling today---yay!! As tomorrow I am set to go to my daughter's to babysit for her four.  Busy days,--I am surely blessed with my family so close around me....Til next time, I am (thankfully) yours avec amities---JULIEROSE, LA BLAGEUSE, GRAND'MERE,,,,

6 comments:

  1. Love that weaving! You should be proud that you used up your scraps. I'm trying to think of ways to use mine up. Beautiful family!! Hope your back is better for good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you are doing with the woven blocks! Always love to see Fi. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, something to add to my To-Do List. I like the idea of adding a little applique and also that it is done all by hand. Sweet photo of Fiona and proud Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use your scraps. Terrific technique and your "wall" looks great.
    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your woven quilt!! It reminds me of old faded wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, loving that woven wall & yes big stitch hand quilting with some lovely perle cottons will be perfect, you can really have fun with that :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.