About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

"ON THE ROAD AGAIN..."


Took out my Travel Journal that I made in Mary Ann Moss' online class a few years ago.

For our birthdays DH and I will be taking a week trip--could it be that all this SNOW and ICE has prompted us to "get outta town"....???

Here are some shots of the inner pages made from papers and fabric:


this was page one of our Caribbean Cruise......what a dream vacation that was...our mantra was:
"The boat, the boat, the boat"--with my anti-sea sickness patch I fared well even tho' the trip was a little rough seawise....







blank pages waiting to be filled....






I used magazine papers and old music prints, too.............

and here is the last page with a handprint of my darling Fiona.....
the button is one of my Grand'mere's and the lace (you can just see it along the flap) is a piece of crochet she did....

We are so READY for a May getaway.....more on that later.

I'll end with my latest page of our dear friends and their baby doggies....(oh, and on the left my daughter --in blue--and her friend on a "girls' night out!)...

Huggies to you all, still scrappin' 
Julierose, La blageuse Scrapeuse

4 comments:

  1. what a beautiful journal!! I like all the textures and colors, esp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me think about keeping a journal, I really should, yours is great.
    Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal is wonderful! What a nice way to capture all these lovely memories. I envy you for leaving this snow drenched area! Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice journal. can I get outta town with you? too much snow!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.