About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

PAPER FUN

Here is my Traveler's Scrapbook (Notebook it's usually called, but I am using it to scrap in).

Fabric and paper sewing, and gluing, and photos----
 and just a mish-mash of fun...
.sewing paper and fabric ruffles on my machine just add to the book's funk-i-ness...   :D

                                                    Here is my Halloween spread begun

And
A few pictures from Fiona's birthday partay food deliciousness....
with bits and bobs cut from a lot of old book pages thrown into the mix...
eclectic scrapping for sure...

                             [Here,I left room to journal about the party on the right hand page...]

                                      (The veggie tray was my contribution to the fun)

       
                    My DIL Lindsay's lovely zinnias...alongside my torn and ink dyed book page....

This page has mushrooms cut from an old mushroom ID book I found at the second hand
bookshop...
aren't they lovely watercolor illustrations? 


Here is Lindsay's handmade Unicorn tower centerpiece--Fiona's party theme was Unicorns...
talk about yummy--ness....

                            AND
                                                 MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!!;}}}

************************************************************************

Since my hand sewing and knitting will be on hold until my hands recover, I am working
on my little Scrapbook...I really like the small pages--they are like putting a puzzle 
together....what fun....it is difficult for me to not be working on some sort of project....
and so, I dug out my scrapbooking supplies and photos and went to work...

Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse (Scrappy-euse)

12 comments:

  1. Good idea to give the hands a res Julierose - hope you're soon back to quilting again. Love your Scrapbook, what a wonderful way to collect little sayings, photos and ,as you have done ,use interesting cuttings from old books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this book! Just love papercraft and your images are arranged so well! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julierose, what a delightful little book you are making. I think it is perfect for the down time from sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great book! Looks so fun! I think it's a nice change from sewing. Will rest your hands too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun and cheerful journal, crazy quilt style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your hands are rested and ready to quilt again soon but in the meantime this looks like a fun way to keep them busy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! I love seeing projects like this - it's something totally beyond my skills, but I love seeing all kinds of ephemera playing happily together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently bought a couple of books to do something like this. One of my artsy friends helped me with mono printing some papers to be included. My plan is to make a personalized calendar/date book. We'll see if/when it actually happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Isn't it great that there are so many ways to use your creativity. Wishing the hands a quick healing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.