Hello, Hello everyone...
I am finally feeling well enough to do a little hand stitching on my
well-loved Pomegranates in The Rain............
See, I got another rainy block done...
it took me about one and one-half weeks of sporadic stitching and
many in-between naps....;ooo
I have been MIA with both family issues and my own bout with sinus and ear infections and just feeling totally crummy....not so sure it wasn't that flu bug that started it all off...I felt like a mack truck slammed into me....and I had gotten the flu shot, too...and it has left me still coughing up a storm;
But, I am beginning to feel human once again ;)))
Lack of any energy has kept me just doing the necessary things around here
and driving hubster to and from hospital for more testing...
*****************************************
Today I am making my own brand of "medicine"--;)))
Chicken soup--
good for the soul on this frigidly cold day..
It should go down a treat tonight....with those little round soup crackers--
yum. =))
***************************************************
My design wall is totally blank and my projects, started "way back when"
{lost in the mists of time}, are in my drawer patiently awaiting my interest
to return and my energy....I just cannot seem to get my mojo back.
I did get a gift card to Missouri Star Quilt Co. for Christmas, and
I picked out some fabrics; I am hoping this will activate my sewing
desire when they arrive.
*****************************************************
My daily journal is no more than a listing of all my meds, aches and pains and
hubster's medical issues...hopefully those will be dealt with for the final time in the near future....
And sometimes, "so it goes"....
Hugs to you all
Julierose La Blageuse (stitching slowly-euse)
I am glad you are feeling well enough to do a little stitching. Sorry you have been sick! I lucked out and only got a sinus infection and missed the flu bug. So far anyway! Praying for you and your hubby. 🤗 Hugs!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're on the mend. I admire you for keeping a daily journal. That takes determination. Your quilting is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're back! Missed you! Hope you feel better. The flu shot was sort of a dud this year. I'm hoping your husband gets all figured out too! Rest and take good care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteI hope that chicken soup does the job and you feel like yourself again soon.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope that soup makes everything better, sweet Julierose!
ReplyDeleteMy sinus/ear crud lasted for weeks and the cough is still slowly fading. Good luck with you and DH and healing!
ReplyDeleteAwe my poor sweet Julierose. I am so sorry you are under the weather, and with all of the other stuff. Hugs and continued prayers.
ReplyDeleteChicken soup and a bit of therapy quilting, surely you will be on the mend soon. Hubby too I hope! Take care!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you’re on the mend finally, and we’re all glad to hear it! The fact that you’ve got some energy and desire to get back to things is a good sign! Enjoy your soup, but remember to still get plenty of rest! xo
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain! I was sick with bronchitis for 6 weeks that finally ended this past weekend and the "fog" of misery is lifted. I hope your hubby is feeling better. For some reason I didn't fix chicken soup. Duh. Feel better soon! mary in Az
ReplyDeleteOh you've been having a terrible time Julierose... sending healing wishes your way!
ReplyDeleteYou take care & be kind to yourself... sewing & stitching sure does take a back seat when such illness is present.
Good to see your smiling face again! I hope you're well on the road to recovery!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better soon--that soup should do the trick! Your quilt is so cute--hope you can get back to some serious stitching ASAP!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you are up and going. My hubby gave me the crud so we have been staying home more, hope we don't get the dread "flu"
ReplyDeleteYou're back! Hurray! We've been sick here, too. Chicken soup should help. (I found that misting the plants helps... it is terribly dry here.) Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs
I love your quilt. I hope all your health issues are on the mend. I know what it is like trying to function when not at your best. Hugs
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you have been sick. Wow, I afraid to even go for a regular checkup at the doctors for fear of getting the flu. Hope you get all your energy back soon.
ReplyDeleteomg. Glad you are seeing the other side of that mess. It's frustrating to have no energy except for healing, and to look at sewing or books or whatever and can't do it. I have friends in the same boat, got the shot and still caught this monster. This is the time for books on tape, or netflix. Victoria season 2 started again last night!
ReplyDeleteI’m so glad you’re on the mend. Chicken soup is good for that. DH and I both got the Mack truck attack last fall, like you, after flu shots. Now other family members are catching it. I hope you feel better. It does take a while to regain energy. Best wishes to your husband.
ReplyDeleteGood to see you back!! Hope you continue to beat the infections and that the hospital visit for your husband settle down.
ReplyDeleteNice to see you've been able to do a little stitching on Pomegranates in the Rain.
Ma chère JulieRose, j'espère que tu vas aller de mieux en mieux. Je pense bien à toi ! Je t'embrasse très fort !
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs !
I am glad to hear that you are feeling a tad bit better. It seems so many have been hit really hard this year.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope you get back to normal soon and I also hope the gift certificate delivers lovely fabrics and your mojo returns.
ReplyDeletechicken soup sounds perfect - hope you kick the cough soon too.
ReplyDeletehappy stitching!
so pretty Julie glad to see you have a little mojo coming back and hoping the cough gets kicked to the curb soon.
ReplyDeleteare you ok? hugs
ReplyDelete