About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, January 29, 2018

"WHEN THE DOG BITES, WHEN THE BEE STINGS.."

"...I simply remember ....

...my favorite things...............
AND

then I don't feel, so-----

                                         "B-A-A-A-D..."

[1ST PHOTO: My electric teapot that turns a blue light on when you boil water.
how cool is that...;)

2nd PHOTO:  My Keurig one-cup coffee maker

3rd PHOTO:  The old clarinet lamp that my hubby made

and
4th PHOTO:My own hand sewn hexagon quilt --the making of which spanned
                      many many years....

Hugs, Julierose in (waiting-euse mode)

14 comments:

  1. always good to remember favorite things. it takes the mind away for a bit. hugs to you and Thom. he makes a great lamp! talent runs in the family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clarinet lamp. The quilt is great too. Doing a favorite things helps with the blahs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple pleasures are the best - love the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lamp your husband made. Great Hexi quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right--we need to appreciate all the small things around us that make us happy! BTW, that clarinet lamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Keurig and wanted the one cup for my bedroom. It was a $100!!!!!!!!!!The tea pot is cool. Love your quilt. ♥sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posies shouldn't be with that lyric = BAAD. Fun presentation for a favorite things blog.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hexie quilt! That is a true treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, that clarinet lamp is a keeper. Whose was it? His, I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good post! Of course that lamp is amazing. I kept thinking how much dust it would catch in MY house.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that lamp is amazing!
    Thanks for the reminder of appreciating the things that are special to us
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So important to sometimes sit and look or think about our favourite things, especially at stressful or anxious times. Wishing you both well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice objects to brighten up your day! We all need them! Love that cool lamp!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.