About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

IRIS LEMONADE

This beauty just came out today and smells like lemonade...I have no memory of
planting it...it wasn't around last year...a wonderful mystery...;))))

AND, another one it appears...

These I planted a couple years ago...

and they are ready to emerge--THEY smell like grapes...sooo lovely...
these are on the same side as the Lemonade ones and below


these iris are in my front garden spot ...


Still too cold for my peonies to come out...but I am so looking forward to their
blooming....

************************************************************
I finished my May Baskets wall hanging and put it up over my wine chest in our
dining area....the reverse (which I will save for another post--stay tuned ;}}} ) 
is a summer hanging...( as you can see on the top border I RAN OUT of
the border fabric--yikes--but so be it....)
********************************************
And, none of these is exactly like the other..............


More of my leftover 2" (+/-) squares; I am making 9-patches and really have no idea
what they will become...but am enjoying the sewing...
****************************************************************
I hope that you are all enjoying this long Memorial Day Weekend...
It's a quiet one for us here...and tomorrow we are expecting downpours--but
Thom made his yellow whole pea soup and that along with my homemade croutons
should keep us warm .....
hugs to you all
Julierose, La Blageuse  (slowing-down-euse)

21 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see your beautiful flowers. That white iris is sublime. I'm looking forward to seeing your peonies in bloom, too! Mine are just dying back to brown nothingness now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the emerging blooms--hoping the deer stay away!! hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  2. I love your May baskets! And the flowers are beautiful. Have a great Memorial weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Karen! The baskets cheer up my dark-ish dining area perfectly!!;)) Hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  3. I would love to smell that - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julierose, gorgeous photos of your iris, and peonies soon?
    The neighbors have blooming iris, is it bad manners to take photos
    of their iris do you think? Hmm, I'm tempted.
    I love your basket quilt too, and nice nine patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Janie; I don't se a problem of taking pictures, it's not like picking them (tempted?? hahaha) hugs Julierose

      Delete
  5. love your 9 patches. so adorable. I have a stack of them made from inch squares too. sooo cute
    have a wonderful weekend. we are trying to stay warm here too. yesterday hit 93 here. today rain and cold. brrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS very chilly today--I guess that's New england for you...stay warm...hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  6. your may basket quilt is beautiful! I love the soft scent of irises what a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. lemonade and grapes? That's a party. My iris didn't smell... now peonies on the other hand, delicious.
    It's hot hot hot here. I got heat sick yesterday trying to see an art show. I never thought we'd be so hot in Colorado so far north and high up. Luckily we were smart enough to leave Milo in the ac.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you got heat sickness--not at all fun!! Drink plenty of fluids...and rest...
      hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thanks BillieBee--appreciate your nice comment
      hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  9. Just seeing the irises is cheering. I love the scent of those flowers. My mom had a bunch of different colors... My favorite was a brown and purple one that was situated at the back door of the house we built of field stone. Ahhhh... a good mem. Thanks.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh just love those brownish ones, too--I don't have any of those--a friend has them in her front garden...glad my post gave you a nice memory hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  10. Love the basket quilt and your flowers are so pretty. Can't go wrong with lemonade and grapes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wonderful iris blooms and your paeonies waiting their turn to flower.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.