About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

TIED,QUILTED AND GIFTED

                                                                      VENETZIA
Ready for binding....

                                 A Memory quilt of our Trip to Italy,,,

                                          Here is the back --I just love this fabric...
                                           So evocative.....


And
***************************************************************
          An early birthday present from my DDH (dear darling hubster);)))
A Magnolia tree....

Aren't the flowers just beautiful??  I have always wanted one...and this is a hybrid
that is a late bloomer to avoid the frost--uh...good thing as our Winters
are getting longer and longer it seems....

And while we are on the birthday front....
How lucky am I....
Look what came in the mail...........
these goodies from my 




sweet friend, DAWNIE


One of them is all nice and
"Squishy"....hmmmm



Can I really wait til Saturday to open them....?????

NO WAY JOSE!!

OH LOOK....
                   A sewing machine mat with pockets across the front--how wonderful is that...

And a lovely set of notecards....
Aren't they pretty???

                                                      THANK YOU SO MUCH DAWN--
                                                               you really made my day

And I will leave you with this (disturbing?? maybe--no funny) visual
Her card....


                                                                STILL  GETTIN' DOWN
                                                             AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!!
                                                                            ;}}}}}}}
                                                             [GOTTA LOVE THOSE SHOES]

HUGS, Julierose, La blageuse (jiving-euse)

14 comments:

  1. Venetzia is gorgeous! So close to finishing, too!

    Love the color of the magnolia blooms. Different than any I've ever seen.

    What sweet gifts from Dawnie. Happy Early Birthday...get on down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Girl. Love your magnolia!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful birthday! Keep celebrating all through this week and the next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt and your card. The card is funny. Happy birthday. I have a Magnolia bush too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julierose wow your quilt looks awesome what an awesome memory for you,well done my friend . Oh i do love magnolia trees they are so pretty,well chosen gift from your hubby,Happay birthday for Saturday Julierose xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha hope I made you laugh. Have the best birthday! That magnolia is so pretty. Good job Thom. Celebrate girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a beautiful birthday! You have lots to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely remembrance quilt! Your magnolia tree is going to be beautiful--such gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The butterflies on your quilt look like they're flying! So pretty! What a funny card! Love the magnolia tree. My parents used to have a huge one in front of their house. Enjoy your birthday! You deserve it!! Happy Birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Venezia is beautiful - and the backing is perfect! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on your butterfly quilt.
    Happy birthday to you!
    Magnolias are gorgeous and there are different color blossoms.
    I love seeing them on my walks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Love the butterfly quilt.
    I didn't realize that there were different colors of Magnolia blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really sweet quilt. Love your new tree. Mick and I give the dancing a try once in a while....grin.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.