About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

LEFTOVERS

This container is full of leftover 2" squares from a swap I entered years ago....(in case you are interested it was on "The Curious Quilter"'s blog)
ANYHOO....
Not all of these are the same--as the saying goes...
some a smidgen smaller and small a bit bigger..soooo..
                                               2" plus or minus...😄
(PLUS, I have a lot of duple-and triplicates of the same fabrics...
Quite a puzzle....)

Makes for interesting sewing...
AND...I am not about to go and trim up all of these...
So far I've made:









 This nine patch










and...


this one

And this last one so far...

as I put them up on the
design wall..............

I began humming:

"It's Beginning to look a lot like
CHRISTMAS..."















And so this little runner is being born....

I've had this old fabric Forever and a Day...I like how it plays Christmas Carols for me....
*********************************
My next colors will be in this range....

You can see how uneven those (supposedly) 2"-ers are....;ooooo

But seeing that perfection is not the goal her, but rather some little fun runners
 and mug rugs and such.....and "using it up"
I'm just

                                          "BREEZING ALONG WITH THE BREEZE..."

Hugs on a partly sunny (for a while anyway) Tuesday...
Hope your day is a good one
Hugs, Julierose (humming away-euse)

6 comments:

  1. Those nine patches are going to make a lovely holiday runner. I'm in the mindset that "done" is better than "perfect."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have plenty of time to get your runner done for Christmas. I love your pink purple squares too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using up fabric stash. Your projects are wonderful and decreasing that stash at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Way to just go with the flow and make something despite the challenges. It will feel good to use up those squares and have a few projects to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful projects. and I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.