project, but a satisfying one....I feel this has an old-timey flavor which I like...
this Pomegranate flower has my favorite center fabric...
Now for the side triangles.......................
To continue, I will quilt more "Raindrops" on the outer triangles stopping about 1/2" or so
from the edges....
This is my longterm Summer project for those lovely deck days....
I really love those leafy batiks....Now to decide on threads...should I continue with the
ecru or use other colors that coordinate with the leaves......
For the Pomegranate "flowers" I used my Go!Baby accuquilt die, cutting the shapes
out of freezer papers; ironing them onto the fabrics, and turning the edges for a prepared
applique process... I do not do well with needleturn--so this is my method of choice...
********************************************
Today is yet another gray day...lawnmowers whining in the distance and chilly temps...
so I will most likely be at my machine sewing my 2-sies and 4-sies...
Hugs,
Julierose, La blageuse (in Pom Land-euse)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteshake your pom-poms up--;)))
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful! I love the batik blocks with it! Well done!
ReplyDeletethanks so much Michele--I love how it's coming together...hugs, Julierose
DeleteSo soft and lovely! You've got a winner here!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you for your lovely input...I am enjoying this S L O W project....hugs, Julierose
DeleteSitting on the deck doing some slow stitching sounds very inviting. Hope you get some perfect deck weather soon!
ReplyDeleteHope so too--maybe tomorrow...today is STILL chilly and grey with showers...now and then. I want to move up to my 70 degrees color ;)))) hugs, Julierose
DeleteWhat a lovely quilt...it is gorgeously old fashioned looking!
ReplyDeleteThanks JulieQ--I was aiming for just that!! hugs, Julierose
DeleteLove how your Pom quilt is coming along. The texture created by you quilting is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteOur weather is rain today... supposed to be high winds too, but that hasn't happened, thank Goodness.
I'm working on a black and orange 4 patch right now, for my oldish nephew's wedding quilt. They are getting married on their Harley-Davidsons, so pink is out of the question.
Hugs
Hahaha I guess harley-ites don't cotton (groan..) to pink is right!! ;)))
Deletethanks for your comment...hugs, Julierose
I've told you before how I love the pomegranate project. I didn't know you used your Go Baby to cut the shapes. That would be my preferred method as well.
ReplyDeleteYour temperature quilt will be interesting with these cooler temps you are having.
Hope you have a great weekend :)
Yes every chance I get I use it to cut as it saves my arm/shoulder etc. problems from getting worse...
DeleteHugs, Julierose
Your pomegranates and hand quilting are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe batik compliments everything else perfect.
Sun and clouds here.
I'll be at my sewing machine this morning piecing sampler blocks.
Good sewing to you!
thanks Janie! I sewed together my 2nd basket quilt which is a surprise gift so I won't be posting until after I send it out...AND, but of course, more
Deleteof those 2-sies and 4-sies ;000 hugs, Julierose
Just look at all that wonderful quilting in the squares, beautiful texture created with this.
ReplyDeletethanks Maureen--I am enjoying this slow project a lot hugs, Julierose
DeleteI love this quilt! It's just so gorgeous. I also use the freezer paper method to applique. I didn't like needle turn either.
ReplyDeleteOh thank you Rosemary--I started on a side triangle this afternoon and did a few rows...hugs, Julierose
DeleteBeautiful quilt. Love the batiks. A slow project is always nice.
ReplyDeletethanks so much Dawn--I don't know when it will be finished as I can only do 3-4 rows of quilting at a time...but hey, I've got time here hugs, Julierose
DeletePomegranates does have an old-fashioned look, so soft and inviting. I like your mix of thread colors and weights as they highlight the flowers and make the batik a textured backdrop.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your cooler temperatures. It's blazing here.
Oh thanks Ann--slow rows here and it is starting to warm up--unfortunately for us in this area, that will mean humidity also...hugs, Julierose
Deletewow - so many stitches! enjoy your great summer project.
ReplyDeleteSuns out today - yay!
thanks barb--nice to see sunshine, isn't it? At long last...hugs, Julierose
DeleteThe pomegranates are looking so cute--love your stitching around them! What a fun project to work on this summer!
ReplyDeletethanks Karen--they are a fun project hugs, Julierose
DeleteYour pomegranates are food for thought! (sorry..) I had only thought of the applique dies as cutting fabric, so I'd been ignoring them as I prefer needle-turn or freezer paper applique. Never occurred to me that I could cut the freezer paper with them - thanks!
ReplyDeleteI was so happy using my accuquilt for freezer paper --and then I iron it on file folders so I can re-use them and also use the starch and iron method...turning before i applique--I find this really the easiest for me as I am totally needleturn-challenged..hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteCoucou JulieRose ! J'aime beaucoup tes blocs de pomegranate !! Et quel courage de quilter à la main ! C'est magnifique !
ReplyDeleteMerci, Cecile, mille fois....hugs, Julierose
DeleteSuch lovely colours in the batiks. After all those squares, the triangles will seem much quicker to quilt too.
ReplyDeleteI JUST LOVE THOSE COLORS AND HOW THEY LOOK WITH THE QUILTED "RAIN" ON THEM..hugs, Julierose
DeleteThis looks great. I understand why you find it so satisfying.
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose you do such beautiful work my friend,well done xx
ReplyDelete