About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, August 31, 2018

SEEING STARS

                            Here is my collection of Maverick Stars....so far--

I've decided to use up my 2.5" squares from my 3-years-ago (!!) swap...
at  "The Curious Quilter" 's blog...............
(she no longer is doing this world wide swap...;((( )

I have a lot of Autumnal golds so every other row will have gold squares until they run out...
After I put together each one, I set up the next and decide on star points fabric...most of the points are 2.5" metallic squares cut diagonally in half...
(see tree, blue door, and wheat sheaves blocks above) 
so...because the triangles are so small they become  far away stars--with little 
twinkling points....
                              "...far away over the stellar sea..."..
AND...the centers are all cut from a scenic country cotton....that I have fussy cut...

I (as you who have followed me know) don't do triangles...so this is such fun for me to just
use the folded corners method.  This will be another long term ongoing project for
fun sewing...
***********************************************************
along with my Ojos Di Dios strip blocks...

On these Ojos, I am running out of deep maroon scraps so, I've emptied my pink 
leftover strips to move the colors to lighter blocks...we'll see how they look...I'll make a couple to try them out...today I was able to take 15 minutes and cut more 6" bases
for these--but decided no more cutting for another while...to let my shoulders rest
up really well....
hugs for a wonderful upcoming weekend with cooler temps (YAY)
Julierose La Blageuse (starry-eyed-euse)


21 comments:

  1. I like to make easy stars too, and I agree, sewing should be fun. Your little stars are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are fabulous... love the one with the door in the centre, it just pulls you right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call those kind of stars liberated!
    Because they are twinkly and fun loving.
    I'm getting blocks sewn together and sometimes I get careless and
    have to do some unsewing.
    It's cooled off here to the 70's, just right.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderfully interesting stars. I keep saying I need a cutting maid to help me in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stars...those are my favorite to make also...the background of your Ojos looks almost painted. That's going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun centers in those stars!
    I'll bet pink will look wonderful in the Ojos.
    We had a drought all summer but we've had rain almost every day for the past week and now they say it should continue through next Saturday, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those stars with their fussy centers! Can't wait to see Ojos as your progress through them. I think pink will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the door in the center of that one star, so cute.
    Also love, love, love the burgundy in the second photo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stars are so interesting to look at! Your Ojos de Dios are great also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well you're still keeping busy, nice stars! No fun with sore shoulders, hope they ease up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wonky stars and yours, with glittering points and all sorts of fun in the centre, look great. I like your strings too - I bet the pink will work well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful stars. I like all the different fabrics you are using. What fun to have a worldwide collection.
    Pink should be an interesting addition to your Ojos.
    Hope you had a great weekend and that your shoulders feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet those stars are as fun to make as they are to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are my favorite type of stars too! Great fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.