About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Monday, August 6, 2018

RAIN AT LAST and USE IT UP

  
                                MY  HYDRANGEA LIKED THE SATURDAY RAINS.....

                                                   and....WE SO NEEDED THIS RAIN...

                                                   Blooming....

These will turn a pink-ey bronze at the Fall arrives--I hope to dry them for Winter...

**********************************************************************************************
And on the "Use It Up" front:

Here are the leftover blocks from my Paris wall hanging...
this will be a 
table topper...
I have decided not to put these away--(leftovers) ---but just keep on 
making blocks until these strings are gone or there are  not enough big 
pieces to make these 6" blocks below............

The dark blue in the basket and the lights in the little empty Upton Tea box
are the only blue and light strings I have on hand....

I spent most of Saturday sorting out the other colors and bagging them up..
Enough already--no more storage...

The little container on the top right holds really small pieces that I cannot use
on these blocks...I hope to sew some "made" fabric with them and thus not have 
anything leftover...no orts, sports ;))))
********************************************************
Severe humidity today feels like 109 here...unheard of...
hurray for AC..!!!

Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (still stripping) 


13 comments:

  1. Using small pieces like this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julierose how awesome to see that you got rain,your plants will be doing a happy dance,lol. Love your new table topper the colours are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you're using up all your scraps, large and small! We didn't get any rain today. I heard we'll get some tomorrow night. I've been watering my tomato plants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had some light rains recently... need more!
    Love your table topper and the new blocks. You are a busy girl.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had rain and t storms all day today. Love your string quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No rain yesterday first day in a long time but it come back tomorrow night

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a good plan. I emptied the scrap bag once with those types of blocks. It's amazing how many you can get out of an "empty" scrap bag.
    I'm so envious of your rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That lovely hydrangea will be happy you got some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely string piece - wee-o hasn't it been HOT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good plan - isn't amazing how far scraps can stretch though? Your hydrangea is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hydrangeas are one of my favorites! Unfortunately, we don't grow them in south Florida.

    I'm starting to save strings too. I probably won't have enough to separate the colors so whatever I end up making will probably be very very scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your idea for a table topper looks great and yes, lovely hydrangea photos.
    Our neighbors grow different varieties, they're all beautiful.
    AC is a blessing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.