About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, October 11, 2018

MORE OJOS

The start of my softer-hued OJOS using the rest of my leftover blues and my 
pink strips...along with a few lilacs that had snuck (;}}}) into the pink baggie..and a few
of the darker hues.

My thought is to try to somehow incorporate these along with the 
ISF and ISR Ojos that I had made earlier:


[I decided that I didn't like the long strips on either side--so they are now residing in my drawer of "I don't know what to do with these now"..I love how they finished, but not with
the Ojos...maybe in a coin column piece in the future...]

I was thinking that I could add the new ones on-- because the blue Ojos would
 just morph together and lead into the pinks on the top and bottom....
we'll see if that works out...
**********************************************
My stars are still not sewn together as I am still not sure how to set them....
*******************************
As I am having a flu shot reaction and Mr. Wonderful is not --he stepped up to the 
plate (or oven, really lol) and made us a wonderful tuna noodle casserole for dinner
tonight...it was so good...the noodles just went down well for my tummy.....
                                                                    !yummy!
                                                                        ;))))

****************************************************
I have finished the 1st Sugar Plum Fairy and have set-up the 2nd one--
separating and labeling all the drills into little bead containers; it has much
lighter colorways (which should go well in Willa's Blue Bedroom...
whereas the stronger hued 1st one will go in Fiona's pink bedroom).

And that is the news from rainy CT tonight..

Hugs and prayers for all the hurricane victims....
Julierose, La Blageuse...( resting-euse)


12 comments:

  1. OH how lovely the fabrics are that you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The newest OJOS are very beautiful. Your fabrics are so lovely.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ojos. I got the ladies at the show to help sew string blocks just randomness. Oh I cannot even describe how much I loved making these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good progress!
    I hope you feel better soon, tuna noodle casserole is comfort food.
    Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ojos! I think the new colors will work nicely. I got my flu shot last week and am happy to report I had no weird reaction. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your strings. They are fun to play with. Maybe the long rows could become the center of a beautiful tote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are getting over your flu shot reaction, and feeling better by now. Nice to have someone looking after you when that happens though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the border adjustments you're making. It's intriguing how frequently our original ideas do not work in practice. Good plan to save your Coins for another use. Keeping the same Ojos shape but changing the colors sounds like it might work.
    I just got my flu shot, too. Same reaction but better today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your ojos! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty string block. I too had a mild reaction to my flu shot. feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all your string blocks. So sorry you had a reaction to the flu shot and hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.