A few days ago **(before the back debacle), i dried oranges and limes
and strung this garland across our fireplace...my first try--
AND....as you can see some of them broke off
but these were the ones that didn't get blackened
(I think my oven was either too hot or i left them in too long...or something..[sigh]
Anyway.............
here are the others piled in an old glass dish of my Mom's:
AND>.............💖 👪 👫 💕
on my buffet in front of an old picture I just love of our family
:
BEFORE Fiona and Willa were even born....
Doesn't time just fly??
The oldsters (Thom and I) are on the top right
my son, Jeff and DIL, Lindsay, Top left
and my daughter, Candice and SIL, Steve, are in front with their four--
[L to R: Steven (now sophomore in college!!); Connor and Gregory (the twins,
now sophomores in High School) ;and Cassidy, now a senior in High School...]
All atop one of my Grand-mere's lovely crocheted table toppers...
I so often gaze at this photo and it brings me back to our
(semi !!) younger years..
Christmas time is always full of memories, remembrances of younger days, and
friends and family now long gone...
But...............
Happily the good times warm our hearts
with fond recollections...of days gone by...
*******************************************************
I didn't do a whole lot of decorating this year, but will certainly try to perfect my
citrus baking/drying during 2019....
I also want to grow more herbs for
drying this year in pots on my deck..
maybe make some lavender
"Mussie-tussies" they would be lovely interlaced on a tree....
I hope all of you--
my cherished followers--
will have a wonderful and joyful
Christmas and Holiday Season..
Hugs,
Julierose La Blageuse (filled with gratitude for all my blessings-euse)
..
.


What a lovely family portrait! You need to take an updated one, with the extra girls in it, if you can get everyone together. It would be fun to have the two photos side by side.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture. Tussy mussies sound fun. Lavender would be nice. Herbs are fun too. I love my lemon balm and lemon sage and mint. Sometimes you can find one of those dryers inexpensively. Plus to make fruit leathers in them too.
ReplyDeleteWell Merry Christmas. We used to have huge family get togethers during the holidays. Now everyone just seems to go their own way with their own children and grands. I miss those days.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
Carol
Merry Christmas. I hope you enjoy family time.
ReplyDeleteA lovely family picture in a lovely setting. Merry Christmas to you, too.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Great family picture. I always thought about trying the dried oranges/lemons thing. Merry Christmas sweetie.
ReplyDeleteI would love to make orange or lemon garlands. I d always just air dried..here is a good tutorial with lovely results. https://www.twelveonmain.com/how-to-make-dried-orange-slice-garland-christmas/
ReplyDeleteHi Julierose lovely family pic and your dried fruit look lovely in the glass dish,well done.
ReplyDeletelovely orange garland. I'd like to try that too.
ReplyDeleteWonderful family photo!
Joyeux Noel