About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, September 1, 2019

SUNDAY PREP

                      SNOWBALLS:      All ready for pin basting this week; 
                  and here you thought I wouldn't be making anymore 
                                      BIG quilts, right? 
                   Well............never say never...and all that jazz;))

This one just grew like "topsy"; and once I sashed it
                  -- (I just love that print) --
I knew this would be my big hand quilting project for at least 
the rest of this year.
[It is 48x 53 +/- give or take...;)))] 
Now to decide how to quilt this one...

             The layering did me  in----and my back....oof-dah!!

I had some really thin Thermoweb batting 
that I had gotten on a Connecting Threads
sale earlier in the year...and decided to try it...

It should be interesting seeing how it
needles and holds up...
***********************************

Today is heating up quickly, but our humidity so far is remaining
@ 60%  so not too bad...

We are keeping an eagle eye out on Dorian, not only for us
up here, but for our granddaughter at Clemson...her first year
away from home....
it's fraught enough without any hurricane...👸😨
**************
Oh,  and here is my super simple very 1st "Inchie"
Perhaps I should add the year?  Maybe....

Now, gals, that is supposed to be an apple for 
September's harvests....
(uh, use your imagination..this is all free handed 
sewing after all ;0000)

************************
I hope you are enjoying your weekend and staying safe and 
prepared 
Hugs, Julierose, La blageuse (exhausted-euse)

13 comments:

  1. That print is just so fascinating. This is a really fun quilt. I quilted on Themore batting by Hobbs in one of my quilts. It is really nice to stitch through and the definition, while not strong, is enough to give the surface nice texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sashing is perfect with those colorful snowballs! I'm almost ready to layer a new quilt also and dread the strain on my back, too. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that quilt - I hope it holds up. You know I never asked where you lived - I am north of Atlanta. Clemson is a great school. Be safe in the Hurricane. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw an apple. I did i did. Lol
    Cute. Hope all goes well with granddaughter away from home and Dorian. Praying for all in its path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sandwiching is rough for us people with complaining backs. Hang in there sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job getting the snowballs to a flimsie. I love your sashing fabric it almost looks like a ghastlie print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is going to be gorgeous! I love the sashing fabric. I hope Dorian isn't as bad as they're saying. It's been cool here all day. So nice to have the windows open.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy pin-basting! Your snowballs are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess you could call that "a snowball's chance in . . ." The lively floral print sashing is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this snowball quilt Julierose, great idea to use the separating strips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The print you used to separate the snowball blocks is very interesting. A good larger print fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really loving your snowballs. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your snowball quilt definitely is the kind of quilt I think about when I hear the word quilt! Such a great combination of fabrics! My back gets to aching too, doesn't seem fair when we are doing things we love!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.