Sunday's ........ I N C H I E
[seeing as I worked on this]
↓↓↓↓
I prepped the pumpkin block on my Turkey-Lurkey wall hanging....
I added some simple, round, cut out flowers, prim style
[not fancy just letting the fabric do the work]
using my squishy pumpkin
as a vase...
I just thought this would
fill up the top portion where,
on the pattern, there are stars and
some writing....
which wasn't
how I wanted to go....
Those bias stems were leftover from another project that I found
when I was in the re-organization mode---
I stored them in an empty drawer for
some unknown future use...
and here they are...
perfect for my idea.....;))))
Tonight I plan on hand sewing this down while watching
the Patriots/Steelers opener... (Go Pats!!)
AND....earlier this morning
I did some eye surgery and
beak enhancement on my Turkey
couple....
the whirling Mme...
and do-si-do-ing Mr.
Here we are joining in on the dancing⇣⇣⇣⇣
Don't you just love our costumes? lol
{See that foot work--just like my turkeys hahaha}
**************************************
We had an early afternoon dinner of corned beef and cabbage with
boiled taters...I cooked the beef in the crock pot and then added
a ketchup/brown sugar/mustard sauce and popped 'er in the oven
for 40 minutes...it was so yummy and just spicey enough...
so mes amies, I hope your Sunday was as much fun as mine was...
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (turkey-trotting-euse)





You're making such great progress on the turkeys and the inchies! It looks like you're having a great day. The weather is gorgeous today! We're grilling tonight. We're just trying to extend the summer a little bit!
ReplyDeleteLove your pumpkin and flowers. It will look great with your turkeys. Good work on the eyes and beak. Dinner sounds great.
ReplyDeleteHugs
We grilled too. Not many grilljng days left for me. I dont grill and chill like some. Got my trees out and a walk in.beautiful day here too.corned beef sounds yummy
ReplyDeleteI love the inchie. You are like Barb - always working. My favorite is the turkey - kind of looks like me - lol. You know that corn beef and cabbage - we haven't had that in a long time - think I will make that! Sounded good. sandie
ReplyDeleteI d love to come for Sunday dinner and an afternoon of hand sewing with you! Esp for corned beef and cabbage! But not the Patriots game, sorry.
ReplyDeleteCan we have a bit more detail on the sauce on the cb?
love
lizzy
Looks like eye surgery went well on the turkey! Dinner sounds yummy.
ReplyDeleteYour pumpkin inchie is so cute. The turkeys are conga lining it toward the end. Cute pumpkin and flowers. Your corned beef sounds yummy.
ReplyDeleteLove your turkeys.
ReplyDeleteHelen
I love the turkey! I love fall, and I always used to make some sort of fall themed quilt every year. Your turkey makes me want to make a turkey quilt!
ReplyDelete