About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

INCHIE-A-THON

                                                   First  week's Inchie "Flower"

And This week so far............↓↓↓
Sunday: I worked on the pumpkin;
Monday I was up unable to sleep half the night ;
and this morning we went out for breakfast
(that is my version of an egg LOL);
after we had gone to JoAnnes
where I got Polyfil for a sewing pillow I am making and some fusibles...for a
new wool piece that I am awaiting in the mail...;)))

                               
                         
The sewing pillow will be  for placing on my lap when I do handworks..
 instead of having my arms suspended in air

More on that later  on...

hugs, julierose,  La blageuse  (Still inching along-euse)

13 comments:

  1. Will the inchie-a-thon be for a whole year?

    The sewing pillow sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. It's a fun way to journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inchies are coming along very nicely! I like the idea of a sewing pillow. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE the inchies. I have to put a pillow under my arm to watch tv! lol Hurts my shoulder if I don't. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting project. Your stitches are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! What size are the "inchies," anyway? Please tell me they are not 1" finished -- so, they are even more adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect handwork project. Like a sundial, it only counts the hours that shine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart idea on the lap pillow!Those inchies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your inchies - they look like a fun little daily stitching project! I think I've asked this before, but do you order the precut pieces from somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My guild recently had a workshop with Michelle May, and she had made a hexagon quilt with wool similar to what you are doing. She did not arrange her hexie in weeks by making flower each week, but she did make a hexie for each day of the year and then sewed them all together. I thought I would like to do that next year, and after seeing what you are doing, I will arrange my hexies in flowers for each week. I probably should start one Oct 1 as by January I will have forgotten!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.