I need to push that handle down under more...and try to relax as I go...
My previous post featured a screenshot of Jan Patek's finished block--
[See those lovely nails..certainly not mine!! ]
Here is her beautiful finish...
"Look Ma--no lumps or bumps"
Don't I wish.....
Meanwhile, I much prefer the starch and press method so far.....
more time spent prepping, but a breeze to sit and sew....at least
for me...
***************************
I've finished Autumn Dresden...............
Here it is on our cocktail table....
With a collection of little candles to warm us up..
*********************************************
This morning I have my 6 month 👀 exam...maybe my headaches are
related to my glasses? We'll find out....
************************Then............
Tonight's dinner will be my crock pot Beef Stew along with the other half of my No Knead bread that I had frozen... a nice comforting dinner on yet
another gray rainy day....
TGIF everyone...hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (testing-euse)




You can do it. Hope the doctors goes well.
ReplyDeleteI love your basket. Try using a toothpick to turn the fabric under. That is how I do my applique, it works better than trying to turn it under with the needle. Hugs
ReplyDeleteAt first I thought you were making a real basket - that is so pretty again. Your meal does feel comforting. We are to get rain this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry - Sunshine is coming your way. We have some this morning! It's a rare site these days. (Not much celebrating here though... It's only 23 degrees F. I can't say what F stands for. LOL
ReplyDeleteHugs
Your Basket will be lovely, such pretty fabric! For large needleturn bits you may find it helpful to cut templates from freezer paper [I use two layers, stuck together w a smidge of gluestick, so there are two shiny sticky side...]. Pin to fabric, cut around, leaving nice big SA. Clip innie curves. Then press w/out steam. The fabric will adhere to the plastic of the freezer paper. I sew part way then gently tug out the paper and finish. Small pieces like leaves and flowers I just draw and turn w needle.
ReplyDeleteIf I did the starch prep method I would bnever appique again, so TEDIOUS!
The Dresden w the voootives is so beautiful on this grey morning.
PS You can buy freezer paper for your printer, just copy the patterns directly , no need to trace.
love
lizzy
Hope your doctor's visit goes well, always a bit of a worry waiting for check ups and results, I find. Love the sound of your yummy evening meal, crock pot cooking is always so tasty.
ReplyDeleteJust go nice and slow. Only turn under a little at a time. I'm talking only about an inch. Have as little as possible seam allowance too will help. Follow the line and relax
ReplyDeleteYour finished dresden is beautiful, especially in the light of the candles. I hope you eye exam went well.
ReplyDeleteLike everything practice makes perfect. I found things easier with a shorter needle too. It will be pretty and your dresdan is beautiful. Love them.i have a yellow one i need to finish.
ReplyDeleteI love your Dresden finish - perfect to accompany pretty candles, for sure. And I'm looking forward to seeing your basket develop.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I love your basket block! I hope you get the hang of needle-turned applique. I haven't yet! I still thread baste the pieces or, if they're very small, use a little glue. I'm sure this block will turn out great!
ReplyDeleteI think needle turn is hard! Do whatever you like best. The Dresden is beautiful! And your dinner sounds delish! I'm so glad it's sunny today. I'm so sick of the dark days.
ReplyDeleteOh you finished your wonderful Dresden!! Lovely to see it on the table with the candles burning.
ReplyDelete