I decided I was sick of seeing all
these scrappy pieces all over and began a
new journey....our bed quilt that I made
is 21 years old and starting to show signs
of wear..SOoooooo
I began sewing
my favorite
log cabin method--
into wonky Courthouse Steps
(Mary Ellen's stripping method);
[I thought this block apt for our
coronacation....;000]
↑↑↑I started with these hourglass blocks that I made for RSC this month...
as the centers---about 2 and 1/4" give or take...which is fine as I am
only using scissors to trim and cut strips as needed...
ready to be sewn...
I find them a bit tedious so I started
on the Courthouse Steps,,
Round One--you can see the strips are differing widths...
all the "WONKIER" ;)))
AND here is where they stand,
18 of them, after two rounds ↡
These and these ↡↡
and these↡↡
Many of you will recognize a cut up block that I made
a while back and didn't like...
So I (whacked) cut it up into long strips,
--no more leftover blocks--cut em up or
use them....
This was my morning's work today--
Having a fun sewing stint...
In these trying times I wanted to
relax and sew in chain piecing
style...
*************************************
The sun came out and it looks so pretty after yesterday's
gloom and doom skies...
We need all the positive and bright things we can get..
******************************
Tonight, Thom will be making his famous
(at least to us)
Creamed Tuna on Toast (yum)
Along with a little tossed salad..
Lunch will be leftovers:
Bean sandwich with mayo for him and
leftover fried cabbage and
corned beef for me...
I hope you are all staying safe...we are in for
the duration and listening to MD's
advice...(need I say more??)
Hugs Julierose, La Blageuse (shelterin-in-place-euse)







All kinds of piecing fun going on here! You are fearless, having a plan in your mind you wrangle all those scraps, strips and orts into compliance and away you go. I am inspired, thank you Julierose.
ReplyDeleteOh I like those courthouse step blocks!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're staying busy. That helps us stay positive. Mmmmmm Creamed Tuna and toast! That's ultimate comfort food for me. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I've never heard of a bean sandwich. It intrigues me. Tell me how to make one.
ReplyDeletewe are to but stay safe,. yesterday Tommy got some mew equipment from the lung Dr. and the lady stood on our back porch stays for over a hour talking to us. she is a good christian. I bet she was glad to get away from here. Tommy just about talked her to death! He miss'
ReplyDeletes talking to people, mot like me . I am used to talking to all my friends on here
Mmmmmm Creamed tuna on toast is comfort food for me. My husband doesn't understand why I like it so much. Glad you're staying busy.
ReplyDeleteClever you to make the centers hourglasses. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteThose are going to be such pretty blocks! Love the blues and courthouse steps are a block I have never made. Maybe soon, if this coronacation doesn't end. Just remember, I saw it today, but forget whose blog it was, We're not self-isolating, we're Artists in Residence!
ReplyDeleteI'll have you know that your color scheme (shown a few days ago) had me racing for the studio... and now I have a new project going, too!!
ReplyDeleteLooking good
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun project and distracting.
ReplyDeleteIt looks so fun! Good distraction. I d love to see the 20 year old quilt on your bed.
ReplyDeletelizzy
Looks like a nice start to your new quilt. And it is a project that could take quite a while to complete, so that will be handy in these times of not going out.
ReplyDeletegood to see your keeping busy - strip piecing is very relaxing.
ReplyDeletecreamy tuna sounds yummy!
Great color palette! Look forward to seeing your progress on this. Your home restaurant has menu items I've not tried- creamed tuna and bean sandwich. Must say, I'm not used to three meals a day at home- a challenge.
ReplyDeleteI wish my scraps played that well together. We need a new bed quilt also. Dinner sounds good. I don't think I've ever had creamed tuna.
ReplyDeleteOh such a great idea of yours to use the hourglass blocks as the centre of the cabins!! Dinner and lunch sound slo very tasty - enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun on the blocks! I've been garden prepping this week, and I'm itching to spend a whole day in the sewing room. You are inspiring me with your wonky play. :D
ReplyDeleteI bet I would love creamed tuna; never had it, but yum!
Fun blocks - made in the true spirit of quilting, that of making do and using up what you have. Love the idea of the wonky piecing too, when you consider that's pretty much what mine looks like even when I'm trying to match the seams.
ReplyDeleteWe live in wonky times. I love your teal blocks, the wonkier the better. Be safe and sending hugs from afar!!!
ReplyDelete