About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

RSC, FINAL SATURDAY

                                                              Ojos Di Dios  (16 blocks)  ↟↟
                                               
                                                    "Verticality" and Flying Geese ↟↟

                                                                 Crumb Blocks ↟↟

AND...............................↡↡
                            "Maru-Gata Kimmi" still in progress:↡↡↡↡

                           These are my results working 
                              with my March Teal scraps.

I haven't finished trying to get the 1st threesome 
together in some kind of bigger piece; I  and will work on 
that these last few days of March...

I will be joining with Angela at Super Scrappy for our last
teal get together for the month...come and 👀👀 what everyone
has accomplished....
************************************
"Mask Making" interrupted my Teal work...
But I was able to make everyone in my family a mask--
12 in all--I made ones with ties and cut, ironed (a lot!)
and sewed the tie bindings which took a lot of time.👀😏 

I mailed them off yesterday afternoon...
at least I felt as if I were "DOING" SOMETHING...😕
This whole c-virus makes you feel so out of control--
at least it does us..

We are sheltering in place except for needed
grocery forays...
*************************************
Tonight Thom will be making his spaghetti sauce for dinner 
and
then freezing the leftover sauce for a future meal. 

We've been doing a lot of that to try to stretch our 
food supply...eating smaller portions, too...but

have I dropped any "lb-age"?????
NOOOOO of course not...😒
*******************************
Hope you are all faring well during this troubled time...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 👋waves from Julierose, La Blageuse (sewing-euse)



18 comments:

  1. I'm still in love with those hand stitches on Maru-Gata Kimm. This morning I placed a Walmart order online. Shipping was free. It's limited on which items can be shipped. I was happy that flour and sugar and vanilla can be shipped. I'm so freaked out and cautious about things that my plan is that when the package arrives via the driver that has touched every other package ordered recently that it will sit in "quarantine" in the back seat of my truck until needed (outside in the driveway.) I placed a larger than usual order to plan to use it after two weeks. I may be looking at this long term, but things are supposed to hit harder late April, early May, here in Ohio. Love that you made masks for everyone in your family. Yes, we are doing something. Prayers and virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got a good amount of TEAL sewing done. LOVE the beautiful stitching on your Kimmi block!! Don't forget that you also did some enabling. My new teal/purple project is moving right along, thanks to YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of portion control happening here, too - I don't want to have to go out for groceries for as long as possible (3 weeks minimum was our plan, maybe 4 if we can make it work with 3 of us and one with dairy free/gluten free needs). Good work with your teals - I'm curious which color will come next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do the most fun things with your scraps, Julierose! And good for you for making those masks, too. I haven't given that a try yet since I didn't have any of the elastic, but if the ties work, maybe I should try your method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty teal blocks! I need to get busy, only a few days left and I only have one of my teal blocks done. Glad you are well and enjoying spaghetti sauce - yum! I haven't sewn any masks, but I have been gardening and hopefully all my work will pay off in lots of veggies this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never lose either , this stay-at-home lets to lot of sewing done

    ReplyDelete
  7. We won't discuss what the scale keeps saying! Love Kimmi - such lovely stitches you are adding. We pulled out some sauce last week from the freezer - a great meal to have on hand. Enjoy and quilting hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teal blocks are pretty. And great job on the masks. I made almost 30 so far.once done with this batch i am done done. March was a weird month for sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your teal progress looks great. Teals are such a pleasant color group to sew together. They make me feel grounded and calm. I need to sew a couple of masks for my husband and I. Cheddarback block making is taking precedence over the mask project. There are some unique and interesting blocks this month. Enjoy your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely turquoise/teal projects. Kimmi is sweet! Good hand quilting progress.
    How does that song go,' I never promised you a rose garden?'.. into each life a little rain must fall..?
    We still have a lot to be thankful for and we will get through this 'troubled time.'

    There is an old proverb that goes something like this, 'with difficulty comes opportunity.' If you look for it you'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been super busy with your pretty teal blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're making great progress on everything you're doing, Julierose. You had a lot of green/teal in your scraps!
    Good for you to make masks for your family. I keep going back and forth about making them. My daughter is a nurse in KY and their supplies are running low. She said the homemade ones aren't really very helpful (the virus molecules are smaller than even for the regular flu) but if they ran out completely she would use the homemade ones. Who would have ever guessed that such a thing as this virus would come along? I suppose the epidemiologists might have, but not me! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'm liking the crumb blocks the best - for some reason they make me smile. Mustering my courage for a grocery foray this week too - not for us, but for my elderly friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your teal projects and your hand stitching is looking awesome! Wish I could get my hubby to do some cooking--more stitching time for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do have a lot of scraps! Such gorgeous colours. We are doing the same as you and making our food go further! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your Kimmi! I looked ahead and saw the beautiful teal stitches going in too. SO LOVELY!!!! Have a safe week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.