I put my "Spring Baskets" up in my dining room...
hope "springs eternal" ;}}}}
I love this little improv piece--the last one I made before Mom passed away.........
She really loved it, too....
Loving this toile
for the background
Spring blossoming all around
a lovely pear
and some leaves.....
and
some ripe red cherries.....
I just love that print I found for the baskets...so soft and looking
tres French Provincial, I feel.
I think this was the first Improv type quilt I pieced that I ended up
loving.....
******************************
I began hand quilting Maru-gata Kimmi last night....
Here she is sitting on my knee
with her pink outlining....
I decided she needed to be the star of the circle...;}}}
AND................this way she stands out;
and the dark green thread
will fill in the rest of the center circle....
I am debating whether to add a few beads on the lotus
blooms to accentuate that gold...
I haven't done a lot of beading since I made this piece for Mom:
her "Mary Mandala"
for her bedside table.
It sits on my shelf in my sewing room now...
bringing many memories
of our happy times sewing together
HAPPY SPRING, MOM....💔
***********************************
I am plugging away on the "secret" project quilt...but my back problem
has slowed that down a lot....
I am so glad that I began it really early--
it should still be ready for Christmas giving...hopefully....
**************************************
We have glimpses of Mr. Sun today which is nice....I am continuing to ice
my back and Thom is tending his cheek wound from the cryo excision--
We make quite a pair, the two of us 👫💕💕💕💑
But as my Grand-mere used to state:
"This too will pass..."
And so,
We are purposefully NOT watching the News a lot...
the c-virus updates are troubling,
but we are doing our part by staying home;
really, that is all we can do at this stage.
I hope you all stay well and safe💝
Hugs, Julierose, La Blageuse (remembering happy times-euse)








So many great memories you have to look upon. Glad you are staying in resting that back. Hope you are able to find a good book or two (or audio book) or some movies to keep you entertained.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh I just LOVE the Spring Baskets. I haven't done any beading for eons. I have lots and lots of beads so I guess I should decide what to do with them now.
ReplyDeleteI adore that sweet little basket mini, so full of hope and the promise of the summer harvest. All the best to you and Thom that you can escape this current scourge.
ReplyDeleteMine is hanging in my dining room wall to, love it you appliqued glowers on it. we are staying at home to. One of Tommys daughters came and took our grocery list and got them for us this morning.
ReplyDeleteI do love a good basket quilt! Fantastic fabrics for that little beauty!
ReplyDeleteLove the basket mini quilt! I'm staying in as much as I can. Working in a hospital isn't the best, but I'm trying to keep a distance from fellow employees and constantly washing my hands.
ReplyDeleteHappy spring!
ReplyDeleteLove this basket quilt! great color combinations and the toile is fabulous.
ReplyDeletegreat beaded piece.
stay well
Love the fabrics in your spring basket mini, and the teal blocks in your last post are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI know you miss your Mom. I miss mine too, 10 years this year she has been gone.
I hope your back gets better soon!
Your basket quilt is beautiful (and meaningful as well). I check the news once or twice a day (headlines only) and then try to focus on the goodness in our lives rather than the omnipresent uncertainty and fear.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful, soft and subtle version og the Bskets improv. That's the one I mentioned to you, I couldn't figure the pattern out at all. I love what you did, the toile, the big prints.
ReplyDeletelizzy
Your Spring Baskets are truly a breath of Spring - love the toile background!
ReplyDeleteStay safe and stay well!
What fun to see the thought you put into your basket choices. Toiles are lovely designs; it's good to see them in style again.
ReplyDeleteTHat is a really sweet basket quilt. The media is full of information or misinformation so you are smart to avoid it. The ony thing we can do is the common sense things we've been doing and staying home! Hope your back feels much better soon!
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely all ready for Spring with your beautiful basket quilt an d Maru-gata Kimmi is looking splendid, love the soft peachy pink quilting thread.
ReplyDelete