VERTICALITY
I got these pieces together this morning...
[Sorry for the dark photo--
it is GLOOMY, dark and
raining here yet again!]
My new find during this month's RSC:
Putting teal and lavender together...
I would never have thought of these together --
BUT as it happened:
in my teal scrap baggie,one piece of
lavender was lurking there ..👀
AND when I saw it --I knew it had to be;))
serendipitous for sure:)))
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
My last crumb blocks have been difficult to put together in
any way that I even liked...just so clunky looking, ya know?
This is how I plan going to use them:
I call this "P O S E Y" :⇩⇩⇩⇩
I will be appliqueing the posey part;
and then I will try to cobble the
crumb-ey borders together ;
and then, I think, add a final border of
that impressionistic back
fabric behind those the Improv flowers..
It sure is different, I'll say that...😰
it may turn out to be a 💣-------------who knows?
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
I am almost finished hand quilting Kimmi and I am looking
forward to April and a new (I hope happy) color..
{I used my Go!BABY die to cut the flowers out of leftovers...}
It feels almost primitive to me except for those zing-ey colors...
Fare thee well this Sunday
from:
the pouring, rainy, SE Coast of CT..
[today our first
confirmed case of c-virus
happened in our Town...😰😭]
~ ~ ~ ~ waving to you all from afar ;))))
Stay vigilant my friends...I appreciate you all, my blog friends;
and your comments; and I love reading your posts..
thank you for being there during this difficult time.
Julierose, LA blageuse (cobbling-together-euse)


the purple looks great with it, we have one case here to , so far no others
ReplyDeleteVerticality is so beautiful. How wonderful is the mix of lavender with aqua, I love what you have evolved here. I think Posey will be charming too, once it's together.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just wonder what the next color will be? I bet it's yellow! Or pink?
lizzy
The lavender is lovely calming accent for the teals. I like where Posey is heading. Stay safe my friend! Better days are coming.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your 'find' the result is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteYour Verticality and POSEY are lovely and they make me think of spring.
The Wisteria is blooming here!
You are really cleaning out your scraps - so impressive. And, the things you create have so much whimsy in them. They reflect that you're having fun, I hope that's true.
ReplyDeleteMe again, from a distance the top quilt, Verticality, looks like a stained glass window.
ReplyDeleteI would take either or both aqua quilts. Love them both.
ReplyDeleteBoth look so nice. Good job. Stay safe. Gloomy and rainy here too. Ugh
ReplyDeleteBut this too shall pass.
Love the teal and purple together! Your projects remind me so much of springtime! As of Friday, we had 27 cases in my town. Hope this doesn't last too long. Work is scary! Be safe!
ReplyDeleteit works! great little quilt....at least you have the ocean nearby...sigh...i so miss the new england coast
ReplyDeleteVerticality is just magnificent! I've loved purple and teal together for a long time and the lavender is really pretty.
ReplyDeleteI like purple with teal and Posey is looking great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it next!
ReplyDelete