About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, March 22, 2020

VIRTUAL TRAVELING

                I've never been to visit France...so I am settling for this.

My Mont St Michel puzzle....last made with Mom.....
                                          ↡↡↡↡↡↡
                        A jigsaw journey to while away long afternoons
                         and evenings when there is nothing on tv-- 
                            or if we've just
                                      had too much NEWS!! 

I am beginning, as we always did at home when I was growing up, 
by
getting all the border pieces 
culled out and 
turning all pieces over...               ↓↓↓↓
                         Here's the beginning of the border pulling....
Setting those apart...


And do you recall, if you did jigsaws, how after you've done all this
beginning work, someone comes over, glances at your progress --
when you've been without a "find" for a long while, and says: 
"Oh look at this piece [holding it up gleefully]
 it goes...
              right...
                         here" 
                                         and it does!!  ;0000
********************************************

I hope you are finding all the supplies and foodstuffs you need...
we are finding it difficult around here...

hugs from afar..staying in our home and yard....
Julierose, La Blageuse (chez-nous-euse)


14 comments:

  1. I love puzzles. I actually purchased a puzzle board where you can store your puzzle while working on it. My youngest when she was little used to steal a piece so she could put the last piece in. Problem was she would forget where she hid it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a table large enough for jigsaws. I have a couple set aside tho, so I must look around and get creative. Puzzles are always a good disaster pass-time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice puzzle. I have been deep cleaning and going now to 3 or more stores to get groceries i need. Ugh
    I see Thom finding those pieces like whats the big deal.lol one in every crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your puzzle! I hate going to the grocery store. Everyone is cranky and on a mission. I don't mind staying in most of the time. I'm a little nervous going to work. I'm lucky I only work 3 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should keep you going for a while!

    I do jigsaws online these days, at jigsaw planet. The number of pieces are limited (300 is the maximum), but the variety is endless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Virtual travel, great idea! I did a virtual travel to France years back. Using my triple A membership I asked them to plan a trip to France high lighting flea markets and some cooking classes. They sent me maps and brochures and I found a couple of tour guide books on line. I think I had more fun that way than I would've if I had actually traveled there. ( I get tired easy and stress and getting lost in a foreign country are not high on my priority list)
    Yes, puzzles are fun and the news is a drag, small doses only, easy does it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband actually ordered a puzzle through Amazon before Christmas. We had every intention of working on it, but it is still untouched in the box. :( But your post is a good reminder to get it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to get through these isolating days--puzzles and virtual travel! I've been looking at photos of Ireland online, so much so that now I'm getting ads for rentals in Dublin (maybe some day!). Winter is so long here, and we often work jigsaw puzzles to combat cabin fever. More puzzles, less news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely puzzle and pastime...fortunate as went to grocery this AM with a short list and got everything including fresh meat but oranges and TP..did score box of kleenex tho...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great puzzle, I do the same start with the border and then work on different bits. Why does that person always come along and find the piece that goes exactly there!!! I worked on a puzzle for days one Christmas holidays, some visitors came for lunch, they sat down and finished my puzzle, they couldn't understand why I was not happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a Helen MacInnes book set there. I've wanted to visit ever since I read it. A jigsaw puzzle would be a good substitute now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful puzzle. My husband and I played Scrabble today and for the first time in years, I won. Lots of uninterrupted time around here. It is kind of soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Resident Chef is working on a puzzle as we speak - something to keep him amused. If he gets really at loose ends I'll break out the deck of cards. Hoping to avoid that because I HATE playing cards and I'm content in my sewing room. Oh well, I can suck it up if I have to! B'sides I'll remind him about solitaire. I'm afraid, when it comes to puzzles, I do tend to walk by and find that just one piece (but I try not to crow about it!). Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, seeing these photos of your puzzle has me thinking I should bring out of the cupboard one which was a gift from our eldest son 2 years ago - still not attempted.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.