About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Thursday, May 5, 2022

APRIL FINISH

 
I've finished up my
April fabric journal
page...

Here is a close up of the
tree bark I added using
chain stitching with
mixed threads...
↧↧↧↧
I noticed that I had pulled
the chains too tightly and
had a lot of fabric puckers--
 so
I turned the piece over and misted
the whole thing and pinned it out
on my ironing board to dry
overnight...

[you learn something with
each project, don't you?]
👵😌

Still a couple little places
that wouldn't stretch out left, 
but I may try a bit of steam
ironing to flatten it a bit more...

*************************
May's prompt is:

"Favorite Color and Beautiful Bird"

I have a bird fabric in my stash
and
 for some strange reason
no one color 
springs to my mind--
?????

Mine used to be blue, then peach,
and now?????
I like them all--
maybe I should use a printed
background or 
another one of my hand dyes...

I will have ponder this and 
look at colors...

It's really strange that nothing
springs to mind...

Hugs, Julierose,
La blageuse
(pondering-euse)






11 comments:

  1. I think this is the best journal page yet! It perfectly depicts the April we've had around here with all the grays and browns, just a bit of awakening spring colors here and there. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree's bark texture is fabulous!
    Maybe the color can be whatever strikes your fancy that day? Or a rainbow or colorwash fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree bark is fabulous. My favorite color used to be blue. But, since quilting it seems like I have red or aqua (not necessarily in combination) in almost every quilt I make. But, surprisingly, I have more gold in my stash than any other color. It must enhance everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I do like how you have stitched the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embroidery on the tree; the chain stitch adds lovely texture. A lovely finish. Your new page sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tree! It is really hard to not pull the thread too tight somewhere along the line. I'm glad blocking helped it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitching that makes the bark is really amazing, Julierose! This page is really lovely. Looks like you're enjoying this project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The detail on the bark is exquisite. And I love the house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Julierose. That is a piece of art!!! Great work...er uh, play :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.