A reader asked to see my sewing space....
here is my machine area--with my design
wall behind...
I love how Helga
[my Husquevarna machine]
sets into my sewing table;
I have tables on R and L;
the right one is an ironing station,
with my wooly mat and baby dry iron;
and on the left, I usually set up
any block or project I am working on.
You can see by the dim light
I could use
a good lamp!!!π
*******************************
Below is my cutting table that Tom made for me
from an old door nailed over a set of
drawers that his former school planned
to trash when they did rooms over--
He was lucky enough to grab it and
I am so happy with its height--just right
for "shortcakes" (his nickname for me!!)
:))))
He also put up that shelving when we moved
in here many years ago now...
the black filing cabinet holds my "paper stuff"
for journal making--I will be switching
over to that craft after the Fabric Journal
prompts end in December...
Right now I cannot access all those
shelved items very well--
that is on my agenda when my back gets better
{What a tip up there!! πΏ}.
Here is another shot of where I stand and rotary cut;
I just love my little spinning
rotary mat..
And
That old iron
was my Grand-mere's. ;)))
Can you believe that
she had to warm
up three of them on her black
stove in order to iron...???
We have so many amenities
that we take for granted,these days,
don't we??
I use her iron to stabilize my ruler
while I am cutting...
it is super heavy and does the job
really well...
thanks, Grand-mere ππ
***************************************
Here is a better picture of my Fabric journal
work station...see the messy table???
I have a new lighted magnifier lamp that
enables me to SEE to THREAD
my NEEDLE!!!
{My eyes are olde, folks!!}
π
My DIL says a mess is sign
of a creative person....
maybe...????
I use SO MANY "little" things to
make these pages that I have
also stored a lot
in boxes under this table
and on the
FLOOR, too...ππΊπ
**********************************
My ironing station (above), with its lowered
ironing board so I can sit and
iron, as standing for long periods
of time is still an issue for me...
My cart holds ironing needs and
also all my Go! Baby dies on
the lower shelves.
{ignore that stained, old ironing
board cover!! I do-- hahaha}
SO everyone,
that is my little tour--
I hope you enjoyed it...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Uhhhh...??????
Did you
Notice;;;;
??
I didn't include my closet shelves of
fabrics--just too messy to picture--
S I G H
π£π£π£
**************************
And finally;;;
Here are some 1.5" scrappy strips
laid out for my
next "sewing for fun" during
my now 20 minute timed
sewing sessions...
STAY TUNED ...;)))
*************************
I hope your Friday is going well...
We watched Formula One Practice
this morning from 9-10 while
we had our coffees; and
then we went for our walks at the
local sports field track....
I was able to walk 4/10ths
of a mile on the track!
YAHOO!!!
πππ
π
Hugs to all,
thanks for visiting,
π΅πππ
Julierose,
La Blageuse,
(sewing-room-pix-euse)






"You are made of stars"
ReplyDelete--Anon--
It's so fun to see where someone else creates. I need to consider getting some shelves on the wall but I'm short so I don't know if it will make things easier or not. I need to do some pondering on that.
ReplyDeleteI love love your little iron. I BET it does do a good job holding your ruler in place. I have a cart like yours. I use it when I hand quilt at the frames. It follows me along as I quilt across the width of the quilt so my scissors, thread, etc. are close at hand.
Too bad you don't want to show your closet but I guess we all have stashes in varying stages of order. Enjoy your space.
I do enjoy having a peek into other quilter sewing rooms!! You have a great set up both for quilting and also your area for Fabric Journal projects but I agree with you that a new and brighter lamp would be a good idea, we're not getting any younger and the eyes are not as good as they were when we were younger. A number of years ago (2013 to be exact) a quilter had a few of us join in The REAL Studio Tour, it was good fun, perhaps another one would be good!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your sewing space. Mine is in the small back bedroom, which features a pull down Murphy bed for the occasional guest. The room always seems rather more messy than I would really like, but........
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to see other quilters' sewing spaces! I like your L-shaped area where you can lay things out, sew, and then iron. A cutting area that's the right height is really helpful, too. Thanks for the peek!
ReplyDeleteI love your space. I can tell it's all the stuff you love and hold dear. So nice to see where you make your creations! So smart to have a special area for your journals as well as your quilts.
ReplyDeleteYour space is great, functional and obviously used and loved by a creative soul. I like that you have ongoing projects set ot. It looks like fun.
ReplyDeleteGood walking distance!
Do you think we will have Ian vestiges of the storm?
Thanks for inviting us for a visit! Your space looks just like you, busy and full of fun ideas :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to repurpose an old door and drawers! I love that! Looks like you have a very comfy, cozy space to create all your beautiful things!
ReplyDeleteYes a messy studio is a sign of a creative person. It looks like you have contained each type of project supplies in their own space so that is good organization. I always say out of sight, out of mind so lots has to be out where I can see it every day.
ReplyDeleteNow I wish I had kept my grandmothers iron! What a great use for it.
ReplyDeleteLoved the tour, thank you. It's always such fun to peek into someone else's studio.
Love your sewing space, Julierose. Specially the Helga table sith R and L tables; the cutting table made from an old door with drawersand, and the tip for using the old iron to stabilize the ruler while cutting, I need to try this.
ReplyDeleteLovely sewing space with everything you need! How smart to use the old iron as a weight along with being a decorative piece. Lighting- oh my- sometimes it feels like I'm working in a cave and, like you, need a lot of light for these aging eyes. It's certainly a constant battle to tame all that "little stuff"- I used a lot of it, too, and keeping organized is a challenge. A creative mess means a lot of fun for us. thanks for the tour.
ReplyDeleteI love your DIL's saying... about the creative person in a messy space. I guess I am 'creative'! Love the iron as a weight as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting race. I was happy to see Perez take the checkered flag and hope he keeps it as a well earned win. Have a great Sunday.
I enjoyed the tour of your creative space.
ReplyDeleteGreat tour, Julierose, thank you! It's always lovely to see how other people work. I've recently downsized my sewing space - in some ways it's easier to have everything consolidated! Your space looks as though it's been carefully created for how you want / need to work at the moment - well done! x
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your sewing space. It looks really efficient for you. I too like everything in it’s appointed place. Of course, we all stray from that from time to time.π I don’t think your space is messy at all! It’s pretty organized. I enjoyed your Grandmere’s iron story. As a child I remember great aunt Sarah had several irons on her huge black store in the kitchen. Ironing right there and when one iron cooled, reached for another. When she took a break we played card games or tiddly winks. She was 90 at that time and I was 5. This was in 1956. She gave me many fun memories.
ReplyDeleteWow, Julierose. Thank you for sharing...Mess is part of quilting..So glad your man helps you so xooxoxox
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tour! I love getting a peak into other peoples creative spaces. Wonderful to have your grandmothers iron! So sweet.:) I get a little bit of envy seeing wonderful spaces like yours, but I am soo so grateful for the little room that I have! not complainging!
ReplyDelete