Starting my 3rd
"side" block on Pear Ojos;
8 more to go to the finish...
;)))
V e r y
s l o w
hand quilting...
just a few strips each day.
*************************
All 30 Melange blocks are sewn now.
This probably will not be the final
arrangement; but I
wanted to get them all sewn and
ready to play with on my
design wall before
my next Fabric Journal prompt
arrives this Wednesday...
*******************************
It is a grey, muggy and hot Labor Day
here on the CT shore...
Another AC day for sure....
I hope you all have enjoyed this
long weekend...
I always feel that Autumn has
begun after Labor Day despite
the actual date of the
Autumnal Equinox--
this must be leftover
from all those years
going to and teaching
school, I guess...
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(re-arranging-euse)


"Body is something you need in order to stay
ReplyDeleteon this planet and you only get one.
And no matter which one you get, it will not
be satisfactory. It will not be beautiful
enough, it will not be fast enough, it will
not keep on for days at a time, but will
pull you down into a sleepy swamp; and
demand apples and coffee and chocolate cake."
--1st verse from "Living in the Body" by Joyce Sutphen--
I love the colors of your Melange blocks. They are beautiful together. It will be fun to see your final arrangement.
ReplyDeleteLovely hand stitches there, Julierose.
ReplyDeleteAnd I like the look of those melange blocks. Yes, I think as a retired teacher too, we thought of autumn starting after Labour Day.
You do such beautiful hand quilting, Julierose. I don't know how your stitches are so consistent. Love the Melange blocks also. This is going to be a nice quilt.
ReplyDeleteYour stitches are so pretty on Pear Ojos, Julierose! I love the look of Melange, too - especially those new yellow blocks. Very hot here in Colorado right now, too - it feels like fall in the mornings, though.
ReplyDeleteLittle by little on the hand quilting... and it WILL get done! The Melange blocks look like fun to put fabrics together for. Looking forward to the final plan.
ReplyDeleteIt's already Fall to me too! It's only in the 60s and pouring up here! The Pear Ojos look great! Love the Melange blocks! Your projects are coming along nicely. Beautiful fabrics!
ReplyDeleteI love today's quote!
ReplyDeleteThe Ojos look lovely, pretty quilting.
Melange is wonderful. I have to say, I think it would be better if you replaced the brilliant green block, lower center left. Cover it on your monitor to consider. Yes I know a sharp jolt is interesting and adds charm, but ...? Maybe it is just the grreen-ness.
Such pretty colors on your blog post today.
ReplyDeleteWe had a cool day today, mostly because it was cloudy most of the day. When the sun did come out it was hot but then clouds rolled in again. It will get warmer each day this week now.
Two pretty projects. Raining cats n dogs here and cooler in the mornings which is nice. I don't like the upcoming going and coming from work in the dark. Grrrrrr
ReplyDeleteI'm with you in thinking that autumn begins after Labor Day. Not that happy about it though because, although fall is beautiful, I don't like what it leads into.
ReplyDeleteThe colors in Melange may be scrappy but they're wonderful together. Have fun rearranging the blocks!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Autumn beginning at the start of September. I do think it's a "school" thing, for me anyway. It was time to shift to something new!
ReplyDelete