"Snow Lady"
is my rendition for
the Snowman prompt
in
"Roxy's Winter Fabric Journal".
I decided to make
a Snow Lady by
adding a flower and a bead
to her hat...;)))
I may add some more snowflakes
across the top,
but for now I am done with
working on this one...
***********************
I set up the 2nd prompt--
which is
"Winter Landscape"
this morning...
⇣⇣⇣⇣⇣
think of Winter...
AND SO....
For
this block base, I crazy
quilted fancy fabrics first
across the bare base page;
and
then I
laid the birches and little scene
over that --finishing with that
lacey bit at the top...
all pinned in place.
I will
be basting it all down
and adding
some embroidery
this week...
I like the cool effect of
the crazy quilted background
peeking through
this scene..
I hope your Sunday has been
a good one; it is sprinkling
here and muggy outside ...
Setting up my Winter scene has
kept me cool inside...
A quiet
57th Wedding Anniversary
for us today..
hugs, Julierose, La blageuse
{stitching-Wintry-scenes-in Autumn-euse}


SUMI SKETCH
ReplyDeleteThe branch is black and bare again: a crow
Shook down its coverlet of powdered snow.
--Ho-o--
-
Congratulations on 57 years. We will celebrate 50 years next spring and that is hard to believe Yet, we still progress onward and add up those years. Lovely new pages, the crazy quilt background adds a lot of texture and the cool scenes make me long for cooler weather.
ReplyDeleteBoth are delightful. Snow lady needs little embroidered stick hands tho! The winter scene is beautiful, exceptional. Very creative and evocative, feels like a snowy winter day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! What is Tom cooking for you?
love
lizzy
Happy Anniversary to you and your DH! Your snow lady turned out wonderfully. The details on her hat are so fun! Enjoy stitching this week's page.
ReplyDeleteLove both projects! Using the crazy quilt background is genius!! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteSnow lady is looking good! The winter scene is so very peaceful- love the way you've done this one. Happy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteBoth of your pieces are chilling, in a good way of course. Maybe it is a good thing to be working on winter scenes in the summer/fall heat.
52 degrees here in IL this morning with high of 62 predicted. By Saturday, 80 degrees again.
Snow Lady and the Birch trees are meeting the September prompts for the journal, very nicely. Hope you and hubby had a great day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary. That's quite a milestone. Hope you enjoyed your day.
ReplyDeletePat
Happy Anniversary! Your pages are coming along so nicely. I really love what you've done so far. Love your ideas!
ReplyDeleteI love your snow lady! She's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI also love your winter scene with the birches. Just beautiful!
ReplyDelete57 years - congratulations to you and your sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteI really love how you've combined crazy quilt piecing along with the birch tree trunks....very wintery!
Happy anniversary. Our weather is getting a bit cooler in the morning. I'm not ready for winter yet although it's fun to see what you are up to.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary - a little late!
ReplyDeleteYour snowwoman turned out lovely and those birch trees remind me of 'home'! Have a good weekend.