Since I only have
5 more side blocks
to hand quilt on my
Autumn Ojos---
I took out this Ojos which
is the next UFO in line
to be hand quilted:
↯↯↯↯
This is my
"Summertime Ojos"
To be truthful, I had totally
forgotten it (gasp!!).
😨
It has been hanging in my spare room
closet just waiting and waiting....
So-----
This morning I set it up to be pinned
on my dining room table
Here is the backing I have chosen to use--
Isn't it pretty?😍
I know that fabric was gifted to me from a fellow
blogger; but sadly, (ye old brain drain!!)
I cannot remember who that kind person was...
😭
At any rate--
I thank you 👄,as I really don't have
many BIG pieces that can be used
whole for backings...
this is perfect because it is non-directional
and I love its hand-dyed look...
****************************
So this Summer, I have been
hand quilting the Autumn piece above
and
This coming Winter I will be working
on this Summer piece.
*******************************
I have decided that I will NOT make
any new pieces, but rather work on
the UFO's in my closet...
An especially good idea
as I can only really sit for
15 min at a go these days
and
truthfully, it drives me up a wall
to have to leave things in the middle!!
👿👺👹
There are only two really big
quilts hanging in my closet
that I haven't donated:
One is the Flying Geese
under the Moon;
and the 2nd
is a huge log cabin in two
big sections--just about King Size
(what was I thinking?).
All the other pieces are smaller in size...
I really want to keep the big Flying Geese
one, it just heeds binding--perhaps I
will be able to manage that as my
back heals more...
***************************
I hope you are all enjoying these last
precious Summery days left to us...
A bit on the coolish side here, but
such beautiful blue skies are a treat.
Hugs,
Julierose, La Blageuse
(Ojos-ing-euse)



"Where words fail, music speaks"
ReplyDelete--Hans Christian Andersen--
Beautiful projects! Pls do not donate Flying Geese! I'd buy or swap for it.
ReplyDeleteI love string-pieced blocks. And you almost forgot this one- yikes. But I know it happens because I've done it, too. Backing is pretty. Hope you'll continue to feel better and be able to do more at a time.
ReplyDeleteI remember that summer quilt top with the pretty sailboats. As long as you can fit in a few minutes each day they will eventually be finished.
ReplyDeleteLove your Yellow and blue ojos quilt top, Julierose. I made a table runner wit Blue and Yellow string blocks that I absolutly love. And I have a quilt top on my Ufo's chest. So glad you found it and will quilt it. It is a great decision to work on the Ufo's on your closet. I really need to do the same, urgently. Hope your back heals faster. Have a wonderful Sunday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute summery top! That will brighten up the winter with those pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you remembered this Summertime Ojos. It's too pretty to not finish! It was cool yesterday but warm and humid today. The weather could drive us crazy!
ReplyDeleteThe backing is such a pretty color. Love the blue & yellow quilt top, too :)
ReplyDeleteIt occured to me when I read the bit about the huge log cabin project - could it be cut down to form smaller lap sized quilts which would be easier to work on? Just a thought! I, of course, am partial to the blue Ojos.
ReplyDelete