Here is the start of my first
Honey Bun "race" quilt...
Since I cannot do handwork, I
thought I would try some
machine stitching.
I have two of these Christmas
themed Honey Buns in
my stash
And
I sewed these green and white "stopper" colors
to the ends of all the fabric strips
as in this Youtube video from:
Here are the waste cuttings
⇊⇊⇊⇊
From my
Accuquilt die strip cutter.
I cannot fathom hand cutting
all these....
I will use them to tie
around gifts this
Christmas
💚
******************
My daughter, Candice, turns
55 today--
Here she is with her
daughter, Cassidy.
Where have the years gone???
She is having brunch with her four
children at noon and
then traveling with friends to
a concert...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
my darling girl....
💖
Hoping this finds you all happy and healthy
Hugs, Julierose
La blageuse
(racing-along)




Everything is possible for one who believes...
ReplyDeleteHoney Bun "race" quilt looks like a lot of fun, Julierose.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your daughter!
I'm sure you still feel like 55 in your mind too. Luckily we feel younger in our brains than what our bodies are telling us.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your daughter. Your jelly roll race sounds fun
ReplyDeleteI've made a couple of jelly roll race quilts in the past. They do work up quickly. Looking forward to seeing yours. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
ReplyDeleteWow, great minds think alike! That's going to be so cute. Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteHAppy Birth Day wishes to your daughter! And smart thinking to use the strips of fabric as ties around gifts.
ReplyDeleteSo fun and a beautiful result. Great use of the precuts too.
ReplyDeleteDon't sit for too long, leaning ver the machine. I am timing half hour at a time.
Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter.
love
lizzy
Happy Birthday to Candice! My mother always says she can't believe how old I am. She still sees as a little kid. I wish that was true sometimes! I'm looking forward to your Honey Bun race quilt. They look like fun.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to let your hands take a break if they are hurting from hand stitching. take good care xoxo
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful photo of your daughter and Cassidy - I second your query as to where the years have gone!!
ReplyDelete