About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Sunday, October 9, 2022

GINGERBREAD PROGRESS , ET AL

 
My little Gingerbread House
in the snowy woods
is almost done...
[click to enlarge]

I used my own tea dyed fabric for 
the body of the house; a leftover
scrap from the tree fabric; and the
blue/green Jason Yenter fabric
for the ground and the top right
that I've been featuring throughout
this Fabric Journal.

The little lolly-pops are
yo-yos I made and then 
filled with French Knots and
detached French Knots
for the stripes! 

The lacey piece along the eaves
is from an old crocheted piece of
my Grand-mere's...
And
Those four green-striped buttons
are snail shell ones I found on
an Etsy site...

I still have a bit more to add 
here and
there.
I think I need to learn more
embroidery stitches...
more on that later....

************************
Now for the Winter Cabin?????

Here is a picture I found on 
Pinterest
that I may try to use for
my Cabin...

I think that I could use 
this style of cabin...
without losing any sleep over it
 hahaha ;)))

A little background here:

When Tom and I were first married, we 
lived in the Massachusetts Berkshire Hills
in a rented apartment...

My daughter Candice was born 
there, so the 3 of us
hiked Greylock Mountain and 
walked just about everywhere
taking turns pushing our 
English pram that we 
bought 2nd-hand and 
re-furbished..
Such wonderful days....

 We often saw a lot of A-Frame
homes there and thought 
we would
love to live in one.

That never happened for us, 
so this
will be our dream A-Frame 
and lovely reminder of our 
early married years..
๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž
๐Ÿ‘ช

Enjoy your Slow Stitching Sunday
and Happy thanksgiving to 
my Canadian friends!

hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(decorating-euse)






14 comments:

  1. "In the end, only three things matter:
    how much you loved,
    how gently you lived, and how gracefully
    you let go of things
    not meant for you."
    --Buddha--

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have to enlarge the picture to appreciate the great detail on it! And I love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a charming house! And the a-frame will be, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That A frame photo is going to make a great stitched Winter Cabin. I love your gingerbread house. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A frame cabins are intriguing, like how much area is there on the second floor? Your gingerbread house turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gingerbread house is so pretty.
    Looking forward to seeing the Winter Cabin stitched.
    Have a great week Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gingerbread house is so adorable. I knew you'd use all your special Julierose touches.

    I thought A frame too for winter cabin and love your backstory for it. My other thoughts were a log cabin [like the cedar incense burners?/ Abe Lincoln] or a Swiss chalet [too gingerbread, but all those sweet snowy window boxes filled w your french knot flowers].

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lace on the eaves of the gingerbread house and so wonderful to have a piece of your grand mere's lovely work. An A-frame cabin is going to be a fun one to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gingerbread house looks like it's in a very snowy environment. The lace (like snowy icicles?) on the eaves certainly enhances that image!
    An A-frame cabin will be perfect. Looking forward to seeing what you do for this page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So inviting! And there is so much detail and texture. Love it. The A-frame would be a unique take on the winter cabin and capture memories along with it. What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we were buying our first house we considered a log A-frame but it was a bit more than we could afford.
    Your gingerbread house turned out wonderfully! I love those yo-yo candies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such sweet memories. Your A frame house will be even more fun to make. I love the lollipops on your gingerbread house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful detail you've added to the gingerbread house! I love the idea of the A frame house. Your lovely memories just will make it that much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your memories are a treat to read in this post, thank you for sharing. I think I should like to have a magic wand, bring your Gingerbread House into real time and spend a few days chilling out in it. The house is absolutely beautiful, all the detail of the little pieces you've added add to the beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.