About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

WINTER CABIN PAGE , et al

My 
Winter Cabin  base page
is pinned in place for
basting...

***************************
This morning I sewed my 
Autumn Coins together;
it is 40" x52"
Even just this size was a
stretch for me...
Now I need to cut batting,
backing and layer up for
pinning...

Tomorrow I will [wrestle] 👺
uh....tackle the batting which
I have laid out to rest on
our living room floor overnight...

One thing each day is how
I am rolling now...
👵👌
***********************
My Melange blocks are slowly
coming together...
just a few more seams
left to sew...
I am happy that I added the
yellow blocks...they really
spark it up, I feel...

AND...
I have put legos away to marinate...
they just don't look right to me...

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(sewing-away-euse)






 

16 comments:

  1. You have been very productive...or rather, having a lot of fun. I love your Winter Cabin (A-frame house). The owls in the tree are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabin block is adorable. I love the addition of the owl. Everything about it says cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little each day, that's always a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found the perfect elements for your A-frame winter cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Cabin in the Woods block is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter Cabin is so neat!!
    And your Autumn Coins nearing a completion. I hate the sandwiching part. I had to do my latest on the floor and it almost killed me...the getting up and down, ugh. So good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellows add sparkle to the melange! The A-frame is charming...beckoning, actually. When can I come to visit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO enjoying your winter journal pages - they are just wonderful! And hooray for progress on the others (which also are looking good).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter Cabin is elightful, love the owl.

    Both quilt coming together are wonderful. Love Autumn Coins and Zipper is so colorful and happy.

    Pls do not hurt your back! I d send the tops out, my quilter is wonderful and reasonably priced.

    Legos...good to let it rest? You were doing something similar during the summer w continuous precuts, jelly rolls? for a random striped effect, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cabin! And those owls are so cute and certainly fit the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of different projects, just right so you can work on the one your body says yes to. All of then are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see the A frame! It really looks great. The Autumn Coins quilt is a great stash buster. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Winter cabin looks wonderful. Yes, if you’re feeling the pain coming it’s best to stop and let it pass before it becomes major. I love your Autumn Coins quilt! It looks awesome. And those Melange blocks are looking so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I think the yellow adds to the overall look of your blocks, and congratulations on completing the Autumn Coins top.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post...I love all the quilts in process xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.