Old World Santa
I know, I know, I said NO MORE
fabric pages; BUT this is
what happened this morning.,,,,
I was putting my Christmas fabrics
away and sorting them out--
and
I saw this little Santa
and he somehow
got left out on my table...
I was thinking that I might use
him in a tabletopper???
He is just so adorable....
Then.....
I went online to YouTube-- as you do--
just to see
what prompt I was missing,
you know?
πππ
And, of course, the prompt
was:
"Old World Santa".
How could I ignore
this serendipitous event???
I ask you...????
AND ALSO....
Two days ago I finished reading
this book; and I must say I
didn't really enjoy it-
[which is surprising
as I've always loved
P.D.James' books !!]
PLUS--look πthat title--π;)))))
nice hardcover books
that I won't read again--
I took the "guts out"
and prepared it for a future
journal...
A paper filled one...
I figured that I would turn it into a
little Junk Journal...
I strengthened the spine with a nice
piece of linen and glued in fabric
on either side...
I planned to use it as a
"December Daily"
Junk Journal...
B U T....
After I heard the prompt by
our wonderful "enabler"
Roxy ;)))))
It is now destined to hold
my Old World Santa and
any other prompts or
ideas of my own done up in
fabrics...
S I G H ...
It is a pretty small book with a tiny spine
so, it will just hold just maybe four
pages...
This is my "pinned in place"
base page on a lightweight piece of muslin
for ease of sewing...
[I am avoiding really
heavy fabrics this time]
Just simply two fabrics and my
Santa...ππ
It really just fell into place...
πππ
and I love it!!
***********************
I will have to really pace
myself and take my time
to rest my hands, which are
in pretty good shape now as
I haven't done any hand
sewing for a while --
but
from experience
I know
that
THAT
can change
in an instant....
So as my title states,
Never Say Never
has come to pass for me...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
[Fabric Journaling-again-euse]




Never EVER Say Never....
ReplyDelete:))))
I can see why that Santa was irresistible to you, Julierose! Enjoy that stitching - something always brings us back to it!
ReplyDeleteI recognize that Santa. I'm sure I've got some of that fabric somewhere. I love Debbie Mumm's Santas. I usually like P. D. James too but I've never read that particular book. If you aren't ever going to read it again, you might as well repurpose it and the journal idea is a good one.
ReplyDeleteHe is a pretty cute Santa, definitely worth spending time making a page with him.
ReplyDeleteThat Santa is too nice to ignore! I'm glad you're back to making your fabric pages. They come out so nice! You have to keep making them!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you shared this. He's absolutely charming (and well timed!)
ReplyDeleteAhh.....so you fell down the YouTube rabbit hole. =) I agree Old World Santa is irresistible. Love what you are doing with him.
ReplyDeleteHa ha! "Never" has come back to bite you.
ReplyDeleteI love it too. I have started a fabric / junk journal but I got sidetracked to doing something else. Maybe some day.
ReplyDeleteBut of course you had to go with another fabric page!! Santa is co cute and the tartan piece is perfect alongside him. That's a first for me to hear about ripping out the pages of the book - a good idea I must say to prepare it for another very own paper journal - we shall be looking forward to seeing just what goes in there. but take it easy on the hands.
ReplyDeleteSometimes things really do just come together like this project. The irresistible force. Best to go with it. And just look at the results. That Santa belongs. And a whole new journal is born. Good and productive day I'd say!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what prompts you are following, but that Santa is very cute! What a fun idea, using that book cover for your pages - I have no idea how to do that, but you definitely do! Will be fun to watch your pages grow!
ReplyDeleteSerendipitous indeed! It was meant to be. He is a nice looking Old World Santa. Clever idea to repurpose the book.
ReplyDeleteYou are just too funny! It looks like you really enjoy those pages with certain prompts that call to you. I think this one was part of your destiny to make. Looks great, by the way.
ReplyDeleteAdorable Santa, I see why you were inspired. And the gutted book cover is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the never say never train. I said I wasn't going to be doing any more cross stitch projects before Christmas and I find myself making bookmarks.
ReplyDeleteWell that little Santa is a handsome guy . Oh yes , he had to be put into a fabulous project. He is going to look amazing on the journal. I agree Never say never. Lol. Have a great weekend and thank you for the sweet visit to my blog.
ReplyDelete