Remember the free form
stitchery I worked on?
Well, it has become the cover
for a Traveler's Notebook
Junk Journal for January.
I sewed in the signature this morning
It is sporting my new word
on the cover--
[a ceramic piece I've
had for a very long time...]
"B E L I E V E"
*********************
And here are two other Junk Journals
with their signatures
sewn in:
These have cardstock covers sewn with
fabric to strengthen them...
↓↓↓↓
I used Tim Holtz cardstock
and sewed fabric for the spine and
borders strips...
Here is the center spread
where I used pages from
an old gardening book..
This will be the Spring-Summer
volume for 2023
and
here is another one
made in the same way...
Again I used up Tim Holtz
scraps leftover from my
scrapbooking days...
These will be memory journals
using some old photos
that are now stored in a
shoebox--😕
now they will have a proper place...
***********************
I have also picked up my knitting needles
to make a little gift for my DIL
A bright tangerine facecloth...
[aka a dishcloth]
I love using these in the shower--
they are softer than a loofah
but still help to smooth the skin..
I am working on this while watching tv
to help to stay calm during this
hectic and, for me, kind of
sad time...missing my
family who have gone on
before me....
*******************
B U T
I am
so looking forward to our trip
[my first long one since the
back debacle!!]
up to my son's home on
Saturday to meet up with
my daughter and her family also.
All of us together on
Christmas Eve...
I just hope the weather holds...😔
fingers crossed...
I hope you are enjoying this pre-Holiday
few days and are able to find
some quiet time to enjoy
your crafts...
Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(crafting-euse)





I am reading "Five Little Pigs"
ReplyDeleteby: Agatha Christie...
Pretty color! I wish you a safe trip and hope you enjoy the family time. Let's hope that storm does not delay the travel.
ReplyDeleteI love your bright tangerine color! This time of year can be sad. I remember so many holidays from when I was younger. There were so many relatives to visit. They're all gone now. But, you have to keep going and do the best you can. Safe travels! I hope that storm doesn't affect you although it's supposed to be rain for us.
ReplyDeletePretty tangerine color!
ReplyDeleteLovely journals, do you fill them w writing or artwork or?
The storm will be long gone by the time you head out. Bundle up and have a best Christmas ever! [is it a far trip? to where?]
love
lizzy
How lovely to have a wonderful trip to see family to look forward to. Do hope your weather doesn't do anything nasty to your plans. Have a fun time away.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a safe trip and happy time with family. I think they are having trouble deciding who is going to get the most snow. Now they are down to 2" in our area, 3 at most.
ReplyDeleteYour journals are lovely. The tangerine color is so pretty. Safe travels and enjoy time with your family. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeletewhat super projects you've shared with us! I really love those journals - ages since I've made anything like that, it's got me thinking!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the time with your family - I hope that your trip goes well and that your back behaves.
Merry Christmas! x
Your journals are so pretty! I think I recognize the floral center spread as being from the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady by Edith Holden...perhaps?
ReplyDeleteLovely journals! I hope you enjoy your trip and seeing all your family.
ReplyDeleteYour journals are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a great Saturday with your family.