About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, December 10, 2022

WILD and FREE FORM STITCHING

 
Stage One of my free-form, improv,
meditational stitchery...

Since I've finished my Fabric Journals,
I've found that 
I need to have some hand
stitching to begin my day.

The background is my own dyed fabric
upon which I tacked down 
some sari silk as it fell
upon the page...
looping naturally...

Stage Two 
below:
First, I added some kantha stitching
around those  three loops, 
then
 
I added some 
French knots
 in deep blue 
on the
looped sari silk,

and finally,

I  feather stitched 
across the background
in a pale gray...
the color of our skies 
this morning...

I want to add more texture--
so
 I will be adding 
some bits and bobs 
here and there
as the spirit moves me.

I really have no plan--
the piece will
just go its own way and
carry me along into 
a serene state of mind...

I've found, in making my Fabric Journals,
that slow stitching calms me right down...

**************************
In this hustle-bustle season and
our world today 
I want to be able 
to reach for a 
"quiet space".
Without deadlines or pressure to
be perfect, or to be judged...

This is my answer for now..

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(in-the-quest-for serenity)






12 comments:

  1. I am reading a British Library Crime Classic--

    "Murder in the Mill Race: A Devon Mystery"
    by E.C.R. Lorac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know Thyself. I don't know where that quote came from but it fits perfectly with your discovery of what is calming for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something to be said for meditative stitching, for sure. I spent part of this afternoon trying to quilt a bit on my pretty-much-only UFO and discovered why I had set it aside. My hands don't like the process one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work, so freeing!

    Do you think we'll get snow? Mo and I just came in from a long walk, that cold cuts right thru one's layers of clothes.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to follow your own path. It's coming out so nice. Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful way to find that quiet you need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying ! My daughter came home , other than losing the occasional word she seems fine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your calming meditational stitching will definitely be the centre of your quiet space - something we all need in our lives and especially at this busy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've found a wonderful way to meditate. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find any form of slow stitching functions a bit like meditation for me. Sadly my mornings still involve a mad dash for the school bus, but the idea of kicking off with some quiet sewing time sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Centering is a good thing. And I like your stitchery-in-progress!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.