About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Saturday, December 31, 2022

ORANGE YOU GLAD, et al

 
Here is the first set of 
crumb blocks sewn together.

AND

Here is the pile of leftovers with
the addition now of small to
medium scraps to
begin on
the 2nd set:

This group will feature more of the
"oranges" fabric and some
purples...
This is just a very small portion of my 
scraps...
And--
since I really enjoy making 
crumb blocks...
I feel I'd like to put the scraps
in a "home".

Who knows what they could become...
I have some set up here in progress
by my machine for tomorrow...

Oranges and purples and pinks????
Why not...
Even a dash of turquoise and
yellows...

The start of the next set of 35...

7 rows down by 5 across...

these will have pale lavender 
separators...
********************
We are in a heavy, dense fog
and it is 
 raining on and off..
The last day of 2022..
I am looking forward to 2023
and hope you are, too...;)))

**********************
We will have
 Tom's
cocktail meatballs

with Doritos and
Ranch dip and

Potato Puffs
for
 our New Year's Eve 
"appetizer" dinner
along with 

Mimosas for our toast...

(But you can bet it won't
be at midnight--those days
have flown right away!!!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR
EVERYONE...
๐Ÿ‘ซ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŒ‚๐ŸŒƒ

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
{still-crumbing-along-
after-all-these-years-euse}







11 comments:

  1. "Still crazy, after all these years..."
    Paul Simon (says it best!!):))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you both. We went out for a pub meal with blogging friends who are traveling around New Zealand, all the way from England. So nice to finally meet them in person. Couldn't stay up till midnight though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a pretty combination of colors to be sewing with, Julierose! I like how you're setting the blocks with the solid strips in between. Happy New Year to you! We usually celebrate it here about 10:00 when we know that it's midnight in New York City!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have lots to keep you busy into the new year. We will be in bed long before midnight too (most likely reading our books and will hopefully stay awake long enough to wish each other a happy new year). We're having an 'appetizer' dinner tomorrow.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, definitely a dash of some other colors here and there. It looks like you will have enough scraps to meet your goal size.

    I will probably still be up at midnight because I've turned into a night owl after being an early bird for over 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fun little blocks, Julierose. I'm looking forward to seeing the next steps.
    Happy New Year to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those colors together! I'm going to try to stay up until midnight but I doubt I'll actually make it! It's foggy and rainy here too. Happy 2023!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors are the same as the ones Bonnie Hunter is using in her mystery quilt currently in progress. Her inspiration was Irises.
    We had a quiet evening and I went to bed at 12:05am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the crumb blocks! Scrappy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work Julierose, these crumb blocks are a super way of using up those pesky crumbs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.