About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Friday, February 3, 2023

FEBRUARY PROMPT: VEGETABLE GARDEN/SCARECROW

 
Our next Down the Garden Path
prompt is a vegetable garden and/or
a scarecrow...
I thought I would stitch this cute little
saying along my path:

"Plant your seeds in a row--
↓↓↓↓
"...one to eat and one to grow".

My letter stitching is not that great, but as
I am thinking of this piece as a practice
of sorts, being the 1st time I've made
anything like this, I am leaving it
as it is....
[eg: "O's" are so HARD!!]
👀👹
I haven't decided whether to add a 
scarecrow or not...
And my Garden plantings will reside 
along and above the path in little beds...
Whether I stitch the veggies  or
applique them I haven't as yet
decided...

The squares of fabric on the base
may work as planting beds as is--
or I may use Inktense pencils
to add the look of
a garden bed...

Decisions, decisions...

*******************************
We are presently in a high wind warning
and this cold front is bringing extreme
cold to our area...so we 
are indoor people today...
🌀⛄☃

Hugs, Julierose,
La Blageuse
(deciding-euse)




 




11 comments:

  1. Reading:
    "The Skull Beneath the Skin"
    by P,D, James
    A Cordelia Gray mystery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the saying that you wrote. It fits so perfectly! We have a high wind warning and it's getting colder. I went to my mom's and came right back. I think tomorrow is going to be worse so I'm in for the weekend! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little embroidered quote, so cute. This is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. stay warm - I heard how cold it was suppose to get out there I lived in CT at one time and remember with being so close to the ocean it sometimes got so cold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stitchery quote, lovely little piece. Sending you some of the heat and humidity we have this time of the year (summer). Rain the last days, which I love, it cools it down a bit. Stay warm inside and enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quote and how you embroidered it.

    I think if we make it thru this night, we'll be okay. But I m wearing a coat to sit at the desk by the [covered] window. I even kept Baby Mo indoors, that only second walkies missed in almost 9 years.

    You have fun projects to keep you busy indoors--and--Super Bowl? [noooo].

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous saying for your veggie patch. This is a fun prompt, isn't it? Goodness, it sounds freezing there. Keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect saying for your garden path and I love that you meandered it alongside the path. It will invite people to take a closer look.
    Cold here too - had the coldest night of the winter last night and when I went to bed it was -30C. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would not have known quite where to go with the prompt you had for February, you've come up with a good idea to carry this out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so good with these prompts, Julierose. I love the little saying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun! The lettering looks just fine to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.