About Me

My photo
Shoreline, CT, United States
I would love for you to join me (a retired senior)in my zany crafting adventures with quilting (waaaaay too much fabric); scrapbooking (will I ever catch up?); redwork; counted cross stitch; crossword puzzles; reading; and cooking.

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

"SUNNY DAYS" --A FINISH, et al

 
Sunny Days is finished --;))))
[except for the label and
trimming errant threads...]
My special quilt holder
was at the ready to hold this up
for the photo..

This is the last Big Quilt in my
UFO pile...
*****************************
I have three smaller pieces 
up on my design wall
that will be 
the next to be finished
or used as backings:
↓↓↓

Cross roads (which as you can see)
has a lot of glitches--I am hoping 
they will quilt out (??) .

Ojos which may be used
as a backing--I am still deciding
as I have a lot of table toppers..

And
my Mourning piece --
this one was all
free cut and hand pieced, 
and hand stitched..
a slow stitchery during my
grieving period...
😞😔

*****************************
Meanwhile, I have been busy
on my Veggie Garden for the
Down the Garden Path SAL:
this is without a doubt the 
biggest challenge for me so far:

I am pretty much finished with
this for now...I know my brain 
and hands are;))))

At the top are beets,
followed by 
carrots and cauliflowers
(I need more work on the caulis);
then artichokes --
and 
kitty has chosen her pumpkin
 ...;)))

[There are 3 kitties in my whimsical
garden of "near-vegetables"--
Can you see them all??? 
click to enlarge but please be 
kind, this is my first attempt
at anything like THIS!!]

I used the buttonhole stitch 
for the fences separating
the garden beds...I love 
that stitch...so versatile...

And:
I don't know if I can 
manage a scarecrow--
[the 2nd part of the prompt].

I will be using this next week to
figure that one out...
But for now my addled mind and
sore hands are in need of a good rest...

Hugs, Julierose
La Blageuse
(resting-euse)





11 comments:

  1. Reading a new author: Ian Rankin--

    "Standing in Another Man's Grave"
    a John Rebus mystery...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you finished the Sunny Days project fast, sore hands and all!
    And kudos on your wonderful veggie garden! I especially love the carrots - well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny Days certainly lives up to its name, so pretty and bright! Was this one of the quilts you were making for your granddaughters or will it be for you? I always love seeing your ojos, they deserve to be a quilt top with the lovely colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, let me say your "addled mind" has performed brilliantly! Your veggie patch and sweet kitties are looking fabulous. I fear, my veggie patch is still in the seed stage. =) Your Sunny Days is lovely; so pretty in those blues and yellows; just so cheery. Your Design Wall is mighty pretty with those pieces of colour and pattern decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Ojos is just part of a larger quilt. You love making those blocks so 6 more could be made to clean up more scraps. Then you could add border rectangles to the sides of the outer rows of blocks and it would grow even more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the veggie garden! It came out so great! You're making great progress is that's the last big UFO you have left. I've decided to work on less projects at a time so I can focus on just a few and get them done. We'll see how that works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish! 'Sunny Days' is such a beauty; sun, sky, water. Great progress on your 'Garden', love the added kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny Days is beautiful, Julierose. The colors truly make a happy quilt. The three quilts on your design wall are too pretty to be backings. Maybe a reversible table topper?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunny Days is definitely sunny! Congratulations on a beautiful quilt finish, now on to three more waiting in the wings. Veggie Garden is amazing, you've worked magic on this part of of the SAL joining all the previous prompts, what a beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a really beautiful finish! Those colours are so full of light and depth, it makes me feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of what you are doing. Working smaller seems to suit you! Your hand stitching piece is something I would love to do but would never keep up with so I admire your persistence AND your imaginative interpretations of the prompts.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, glad you came to visit; please leave your comments, I love to read them.